Lille Boss Reveals How Much It Will Cost To Sign Barcelona-Linked Striker OsimhenPublished: December 14, 2019
Speaking before Friday night's Ligue 1 match against Montpellier at Stade Pierre-Mauroy (Villeneuve d'Ascq), Lille President Gérard Lopez has valued Victor Osimhen in the region of 70 million euros but has ruled out a possible departure of the Nigeria international in the winter transfer market.
It has been widely reported that La Liga champions Barcelona are plotting a move for the 2015 U17 World Cup winner and he has also been linked with a transfer to the English Premier League.
Based on Lopez's new valuation of Osimhen, the Ultimate Strikers product would beat the transfer record for a player of Nigerian descent held by Everton's Alex Iwobi if his asking price is met by an interested club.
''A departure this winter is not on the agenda," said the president of LOSC to Canal+, according to RMC Sport.
Asked to confirm rumours suggesting Osimhen is now valued at 70 million euros, Lopez replied : ''There is already interest for sums of about this level. He is a player who is in his ascending curve.
''He is a young player, who has just arrived. a good season in Belgium but he struggled a bit for medical reasons, he hadn't been too lucky.
''It is not only that the door is closed for this winter, I would also like to keep it closed for this summer. The idea is to keep him one more season.''
Osimhen could have scored his 12th goal of the season in yesterday's clash against Montpellier but missed a penalty in the 89th minute.
Photo Credit : losc.fr
Football News 24/7
- Paris St. Germain Reportedly Interested In Manchester United Striker Ighalo?
- Manchester City Keeping Tabs On 'Raheem Sterling-Like' Nigerian Winger Alli
- Racing Genk's Dessers, Club Brugge's Dennis Suffer Training Ground Injuries
- Official : TSV Hartberg Loan In Ex-Golden Eaglets Skipper Tijani From Red Bull Salzburg
- Crystal Palace Thrashing Out Terms With Queens Park Rangers For 11.9B-Rated Midfielder Eze
- 'England Is A Strong Possibility' - Stoke City, West Brom Handed Boost In Pursuit Of Chelsea Legend
- Ex-Nigeria U17 Dazzler Amoo Named In Hammarby Matchday 18 But Won't Make Full Debut
- Super Eagles Target Trains With Bayern Munich In Lagos Ahead Of Barcelona Clash
- 'He's Definitely A Concern For The Weekend' - Rangers Coach Gerrard Confirms Balogun Is Injured
- Japanese-Nigerian Nduka; Rangers' Aribo; Mjallby's Ogbu; Kyoto Sanga's Utaka On Target
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football