Iheanacho's Unsportsmanlike Conduct : Former Tottenham Midfielder, Liverpool Legend ReactPublished: December 14, 2019
Former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Tim Sherwood and ex-Liverpool winger Harry Kewell have weighed in on the controversial incident involving Kelechi Iheanacho during the first half of the ongoing game between Leicester City and Norwich City at the King Power Stadium.
On 35 minutes, the Canaries kicked the ball out of play as Buendia required treatment but Iheanacho displayed unsportsmanlike conduct when he received the throw-in as he raced towards the goal, rather than return the ball to the goalkeeper.
The Nigeria international got stamped on and was surrounded by the entire Norwich City players following the melee.
Iheanacho's conduct was a topic of discussion during the half-time analysis and Sherwood said : ''There is a challenge here on Pukki, Ricardo goes down as well, they kick the ball out.
''Ricardo picks the ball up and he tells Iheanacho to give it back to their goalkeeper. He takes it upon himself and they tackle him there, clear foul on the edge of the box.
''Obviously they feel very aggrieved for that, Norwich, I mean all over him. Todd Cantwell comes from a long way out and grabs hold of him there, scratches him, but he is going to get away with that one.
''They checked that out and in the end it was Maddison the one who kicks this one out and I think he does right, the ex-Norwich player, he had a moral ground and I think he's done the right thing''.
Kewell added : ''Iheanacho actually turns, looks and goes I am in space, give me the ball back, then he actually starts driving at the defence and you can see the reaction by the Norwich players, they are not happy but again the rule states you don't actually have to do it.''
In a tactical substitution by Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers, Iheanacho made way for Demarai Gray in the 39th minute.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
Football News 24/7
- Real Madrid Coach Zidane Explains Reasoning Behind Bringing On Akinlabi In Second Half
- Nantes' Simon, Racing Genk's Onuachu, Antwerp's Pius Score For Euro Clubs
- Akinlabi Enters The History Books As First Nigerian To Play Competitively For Real Madrid
- Ndidi Is A better CB Than Maguire, Lindelof Combined' - Fans Praise Leicester Emergency Center Back
- Akinlabi's Jersey Number Revealed Ahead Of Potential Debut For Real Madrid Vs Real Sociedad
- Obi Mikel Suffers Defeat On Home Debut For Stoke City
- 'He's One For The Future' - Arsenal Winger Chooses Miguel Azeez As 'The Next Big Thing'
- Most Fouled Player Tella Shines Off The Bench For Southampton As Spurs' Kane Sets New EPL Record
- 'Osimhen Is So Incredibly Fast, Great Player ' - Fans React As Super Eagle Debuts For Napoli
- Official : Super Eagles Defender Shehu Returns To Cyprus To Join AC Omonia
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football