EPL Wrap : Leicester's Iheanacho Reaches Milestone; Watford's Success Benched; Billing Stars Vs ChelseaPublished: December 14, 2019
A round-up of Nigerian players that were in action for their respective clubs in the English Premier League on Saturday, December 14th.
Nigerian players with dual nationalities and have played competitively for the senior national teams of other countries have been omitted.
In the early kickoff, Liverpool beat Watford 2-0 in their at Anfield, courtesy of a brace from Mohamed Salah.
There was no place for Tom Dele-Bashiru in the Hornets squad that traveled to Merseyside while his teammate, Isaac Success was a non-playing substitute.
At Stamford Bridge, Dan Gosling scored a late goal as Bournemouth beat Chelsea 1-0.
The impressive Philip Billing started and went the distance for the visitors while his compatriot Dominic Solanke was introduced for Joshua King after 75 minutes. Jordan Ibe was missing from the match day squad.
Elsewhere, Leicester City and Norwich City played out a 1-1 draw at the King Power Stadium.
Teemu Pukki opened the scoring but an own goal from Tim Krul restored parity for the Foxes.
Wilfred Ndidi and Kelechi Iheanacho made starts for the hosts, with the latter making way for Demarai Gray after just 39 minutes following a tactical move from Brendan Rodgers.
Today's match was Iheanacho's 100th appearance in the English Premier League since debuting against Watford in August 2015.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- Real Madrid Coach Zidane Explains Reasoning Behind Bringing On Akinlabi In Second Half
- Nantes' Simon, Racing Genk's Onuachu, Antwerp's Pius Score For Euro Clubs
- Akinlabi Enters The History Books As First Nigerian To Play Competitively For Real Madrid
- Ndidi Is A better CB Than Maguire, Lindelof Combined' - Fans Praise Leicester Emergency Center Back
- Akinlabi's Jersey Number Revealed Ahead Of Potential Debut For Real Madrid Vs Real Sociedad
- Obi Mikel Suffers Defeat On Home Debut For Stoke City
- 'He's One For The Future' - Arsenal Winger Chooses Miguel Azeez As 'The Next Big Thing'
- Most Fouled Player Tella Shines Off The Bench For Southampton As Spurs' Kane Sets New EPL Record
- 'Osimhen Is So Incredibly Fast, Great Player ' - Fans React As Super Eagle Debuts For Napoli
- Official : Super Eagles Defender Shehu Returns To Cyprus To Join AC Omonia
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football