Iheanacho Incident : Norwich Coach Blasts Leicester Striker For Trying To ScorePublished: December 14, 2019
Norwich City manager Daniel Farke was furious with the controversial scenario that played out in his side's 1-1 draw with Leicester City in their Premier League clash on Saturday afternoon, an incident which centered on Kelechi Iheanacho.
With Canaries midfielder Emiliano Buendía having gone down in the 35th minute, the Nigeria international received a throw-in but instead of turning the ball over to the opposition in a fair-play act, he rather raced towards goal.
In quotes carried byLeicester Mercury post-match, Farke admitted he was surprised the 23-year-old chose to keep attacking at that moment and even felt the booking Todd Cantwell got as a result of the melee that ensued thereafter was a harsh one.
"It's quite common in the whole world that there is fair play and the throw-in goes back to us. I think everybody in the stadium expected this," Farke said.
"We were not organised. [Iheanacho] was willing to use this situation not to play the ball but surprisingly to try to score a goal.
"Out of this there was a free-kick given in an unbelievably dangerous area and there was a check of a red card of my player.
''It was strange. I can't explain why it was a free-kick and a yellow card for my winger, because then you are always in danger."
In the clash which saw Teemu Pukki's opener cancelled out by an own goal from their goalkeeper Tim Krul to ensure the spoils were shared, Iheanacho made way for Demarai Gray shortly after the incident in a tactical move by Brendan Rodgers.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
Football News 24/7
- Three Nigerian Left Backs Train With Arsenal First Team Ahead Of Sheffield United Game
- Balogun Tips Arsenal For Premier League International Cup Triumph After Goal Vs Leicester City
- Lincoln City, Stevenage Scouts Watch Arsenal's Nigerian Whizkids Score Vs Leicester U23
- (Snapped) Ndidi Training With Leicester Teammates As Rodgers Delivers Good News On Super Eagle
- (Photo) Left-Sided Attacking Player Extends Contract With Chelsea
- Official : Croatian Club Hajduk Split Loan Out Chinedu
- Mourinho Comments On Signing A Striker Amid Tottenham's Link To Osimhen
- Turkish Federation Issue License To Monaco Loanee Onyekuru; Sekidika Still In Limbo
- Borussia Monchengladbach Looking To Loan Out Nigerian Federation Target Bennetts
- Former Tottenham Hotspur Winger Nathan Oduwa Trialing At Slovak Club AS Trencin
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football