Ex-Nigeria U17 Captain Warns Chelsea & Liverpool-Linked Striker Osimhen On EPL MovePublished: January 11, 2020
Former Nigeria international Haruna Lukman has urged Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen to remain at Ligue 1 side Lille for the foreseeable future and avoid the temptation of moving to England where he could struggle to get regular playing time.
Speaking with allnigeriasoccer.com the onetime AS Monaco player stated that the French top-flight will make Osimhen a better striker and has no need to swap jerseys in the January transfer window.
"If you ask me about the best club for him I will say let him remain at Lille. The French league is good for young strikers where they hone their skills and be equipped for the challenges in other big European leagues," Lukman who in December 2019 signed for Armenian Super League side Ararat Yerevan affirmed in response to the offers from some of Europe's top clubs for his compatriot.
"Money is good but he (Osimhen) should also be mindful of the need to play regular football. Liverpool are interested in him but you ask yourself, would Osimhen get playing time with Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino clearly bigger players at least for now.
"My advice for Osimhen is that he should not be in a hurry. Already he's the top striker in the national team, is one of the best players in the French league so he should not be in a hurry to go to England.
"Let him stay in France for a season or two more," the captain of the Golden Eaglets side that won the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup in South Korea stressed.
Osimhen also achieved the U-17 World Cup feat in 2015 in Chile and with 10 goals created history as the top scorer at the cadet World Cup.
Chelsea who Osimhen scored against in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League last year is also reportedly in the hunt for the signature of the former Wolfsburg striker.
Photo Credit : losc.fr
Football News 24/7
- Middlesbrough Coach Explains Why Akpom's Goal On Debut Will Do Him A World Of Good
- Tottenham Hotspur Hand Trial To Nigerian Defender Formerly With London Rivals Arsenal
- Chelsea Hero Mikel Provides Game-winning Assist For Stoke City In Win Vs Preston North End
- EPL Wrap : Eze Full Debut; Ajayi & West Brom Throw Away 3-0 Lead Vs Chelsea; Iwobi Subbed In; Ighalo Not In 18
- 'He'll Be A Great Asset For Us' - Wycombe Boss Admits Everton's Adeniran Was Signed To Replace Ofoborh
- Reading Running The Rule Over Released Man Utd Defender Nkwonta Ahead Of Potential Transfer
- Sodje's Nephew Scores First Competitive Hat-trick To Inspire Man City To 3-1 Win Vs Liverpool U18
- 1994 AFCON Winner Ekoku Blames Brighton's Poor Game Management For Loss To Man Utd
- First Squad Involvement For Chelsea's Attacking Fullback Abu In U18 Premier League
- 'He Is Playing Very, Very Well With Nigeria' - Rohr Backs Bordeaux's Kalu To Rediscover Form
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football