Ex-Nigeria U17 Captain Warns Chelsea & Liverpool-Linked Striker Osimhen On EPL MovePublished: January 11, 2020
Former Nigeria international Haruna Lukman has urged Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen to remain at Ligue 1 side Lille for the foreseeable future and avoid the temptation of moving to England where he could struggle to get regular playing time.
Speaking with allnigeriasoccer.com the onetime AS Monaco player stated that the French top-flight will make Osimhen a better striker and has no need to swap jerseys in the January transfer window.
"If you ask me about the best club for him I will say let him remain at Lille. The French league is good for young strikers where they hone their skills and be equipped for the challenges in other big European leagues," Lukman who in December 2019 signed for Armenian Super League side Ararat Yerevan affirmed in response to the offers from some of Europe's top clubs for his compatriot.
"Money is good but he (Osimhen) should also be mindful of the need to play regular football. Liverpool are interested in him but you ask yourself, would Osimhen get playing time with Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino clearly bigger players at least for now.
"My advice for Osimhen is that he should not be in a hurry. Already he's the top striker in the national team, is one of the best players in the French league so he should not be in a hurry to go to England.
"Let him stay in France for a season or two more," the captain of the Golden Eaglets side that won the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup in South Korea stressed.
Osimhen also achieved the U-17 World Cup feat in 2015 in Chile and with 10 goals created history as the top scorer at the cadet World Cup.
Chelsea who Osimhen scored against in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League last year is also reportedly in the hunt for the signature of the former Wolfsburg striker.
Photo Credit : losc.fr
Football News 24/7
- 'Chukwueze Is A More Powerful Player Than Ansu Fati' - Liverpool Target Urged To Join Barcelona
- Chelsea Fan 'Warns' Ighalo To Head Back To China On Manchester United Debut
- Bukayo Saka Set To Earn N731.6 Million Every Year In Proposed New Deal With Arsenal
- Arsenal Assistant Manager Stuivenberg Watches Balogun Score Brilliant Goal In Loss To Chelsea U23
- 'He Scored A Few Nice Goals In Training' - Man Utd Coach On Potential Debut For Ighalo
- Exclusive: Ighalo Named In Manchester United Matchday 18 Vs Chelsea But Has To Wait For Full Debut
- Top Five Youngest Players To Score Champions League Hat-tricks : Super Eagles Legend Included
- Chelsea Loanee Victor Moses Suffers First League Defeat As A Player Of Inter Milan
- Liverpool Continue Record Breaking Season In The Premier League
- 'Saka Is A Player Going From Strength To Strength' - Arsenal Hero Keown Hails Versatile Young Star
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football