Mourinho Promotes U17 World Cup Winner To Tottenham First Team Training Ahead Of Liverpool GamePublished: January 11, 2020
Manager Jose Mourinho promoted promising London-born Nigeria-eligible defender Timothy Eyoma to first team training on Friday ahead of the star match in the Premier League this weekend against Liverpool.
The 2017 U17 World Cup winner was snapped training with Tottenham's first teamers such as Son Heung-min, Toby Alderweireld, Victor Wanyama and Ryan Sessegnon as they prepared for the big game against the Premier League leaders.
Although Eyoma has yet to make his Premier League debut, he was a non-playing substitute against Burnley in December 2018, before making his professional debut against Tranmere Rovers in an Emirates FA Cup clash last January.
The highly-rated teenager, who is an influential member of Spurs U23 side, has also been named in the 18 for the League Cup and that was last season against West Ham.
He had a fantastic pre-season with the first team in 2018 and was rewarded with a professional contract in September of that year.
Tottenham Hotspur have been flying since the appointment of Mourinho as coach but they have only managed to keep only one clean-sheet in twelve matches across all competitions.
Eyoma is comfortable playing as a central defender and right back.
Photo Credit : tottenhamhotspur.com
Football News 24/7
- Middlesbrough Coach Explains Why Akpom's Goal On Debut Will Do Him A World Of Good
- Tottenham Hotspur Hand Trial To Nigerian Defender Formerly With London Rivals Arsenal
- Chelsea Hero Mikel Provides Game-winning Assist For Stoke City In Win Vs Preston North End
- EPL Wrap : Eze Full Debut; Ajayi & West Brom Throw Away 3-0 Lead Vs Chelsea; Iwobi Subbed In; Ighalo Not In 18
- 'He'll Be A Great Asset For Us' - Wycombe Boss Admits Everton's Adeniran Was Signed To Replace Ofoborh
- Reading Running The Rule Over Released Man Utd Defender Nkwonta Ahead Of Potential Transfer
- Sodje's Nephew Scores First Competitive Hat-trick To Inspire Man City To 3-1 Win Vs Liverpool U18
- 1994 AFCON Winner Ekoku Blames Brighton's Poor Game Management For Loss To Man Utd
- First Squad Involvement For Chelsea's Attacking Fullback Abu In U18 Premier League
- 'He Is Playing Very, Very Well With Nigeria' - Rohr Backs Bordeaux's Kalu To Rediscover Form
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football