Uwakwe Opens Chelsea Account For 2019-2020 Season; Man City's Ogbeta Scores Own GoalPublished: January 11, 2020
In a Premier League 2 clash involving five players of Nigerian descent, Chelsea beat Manchester City 2-1 at
Electrical Services Stadium (Aldershot, Hampshire) on Saturday afternoon to extend their unbeaten start to the campaign.
Fit again midfielder Tariq Uwakwe started for the Blues, while former Flying Eagles invitee Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu, Nat Ogbeta and substitute Felix Nmecha featured for the visitors.
Chelsea led 1-0 at the break thanks to Uwakwe, who was making his seventh appearance in this season's PL 2.
On 12 minutes, the former England U18 international started and finished off a move to score his first goal of the season in all competitions.
The home team doubled their lead after an Ogbeta own goal in the 68th minute, before Rogers headed home a corner to half the deficit with 18 minutes left on the clock.
Chelsea, who have 30 points from 14 games, travel to Everton in their next fixture on Friday, January 24.
Meanwhile, Nigeria U17 international Daniel Jinadu was impressive as West Ham recorded a 2-1 win against Chelsea U18 at the Little Heath Sports Ground this afternoon.
The Golden Eaglets star spent time at the Chelsea Academy before joining the Hammers Academy in December 2017.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Chukwueze Is A More Powerful Player Than Ansu Fati' - Liverpool Target Urged To Join Barcelona
- Chelsea Fan 'Warns' Ighalo To Head Back To China On Manchester United Debut
- Bukayo Saka Set To Earn N731.6 Million Every Year In Proposed New Deal With Arsenal
- Arsenal Assistant Manager Stuivenberg Watches Balogun Score Brilliant Goal In Loss To Chelsea U23
- 'He Scored A Few Nice Goals In Training' - Man Utd Coach On Potential Debut For Ighalo
- Exclusive: Ighalo Named In Manchester United Matchday 18 Vs Chelsea But Has To Wait For Full Debut
- Top Five Youngest Players To Score Champions League Hat-tricks : Super Eagles Legend Included
- Chelsea Loanee Victor Moses Suffers First League Defeat As A Player Of Inter Milan
- Liverpool Continue Record Breaking Season In The Premier League
- 'Saka Is A Player Going From Strength To Strength' - Arsenal Hero Keown Hails Versatile Young Star
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football