Stoke City Running The Rule Over Young Manchester City Defender Ahead Of Potential DealPublished: January 12, 2020
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Manchester City's Timi Sobowale has continued his search for a new employer and it can be revealed that Championship outfit Stoke City are the latest club mulling over a move for the young defender.
The Potters youth team coaches ran the rule over the Republic of Ireland U19 international of Nigerian descent during Saturday's U18 Premier League match against Liverpool.
Sobowale was in action for 53 minutes before making way for Jai Verma, with the scoreboard reading 1-1.
The 17-year-old tried his luck with Blackburn Rovers in October 2019 and has also attracted interest from Crystal Palace.
The fact that Manchester City have permitted Sobowale to train with other clubs suggests that he won't be offered a new contract at the end of the 2019-2020 season.
He signed a two-year scholarship with Manchester City in July 2018, snubbing the overtures of Tottenham Hotspur, whom he had trained with before agreeing terms with the Premier League champs.
Stoke City have already reached an agreement to sign Nigeria U17 invitee Iffy Udanoh and he will become part of their scholarship intake in the summer of 2020.
Photo Credit : mancity.com
Football News 24/7
- Paris St. Germain Reportedly Interested In Manchester United Striker Ighalo?
- Manchester City Keeping Tabs On 'Raheem Sterling-Like' Nigerian Winger Alli
- Racing Genk's Dessers, Club Brugge's Dennis Suffer Training Ground Injuries
- Official : TSV Hartberg Loan In Ex-Golden Eaglets Skipper Tijani From Red Bull Salzburg
- Crystal Palace Thrashing Out Terms With Queens Park Rangers For 11.9B-Rated Midfielder Eze
- 'England Is A Strong Possibility' - Stoke City, West Brom Handed Boost In Pursuit Of Chelsea Legend
- Ex-Nigeria U17 Dazzler Amoo Named In Hammarby Matchday 18 But Won't Make Full Debut
- Super Eagles Target Trains With Bayern Munich In Lagos Ahead Of Barcelona Clash
- 'He's Definitely A Concern For The Weekend' - Rangers Coach Gerrard Confirms Balogun Is Injured
- Japanese-Nigerian Nduka; Rangers' Aribo; Mjallby's Ogbu; Kyoto Sanga's Utaka On Target
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football