Former Aston Villa Forward Who Turned Down Super Eagles Recommends Ndidi To ArsenalPublished: January 12, 2020
Super Eagles midfielder Wilfred Ndidi will be a good fit for Arsenal as a perfect replacement for Lucas Torreira who pulled up with a muscle injury in Saturday's 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace at the Selhurst Park according to former Aston Villa forward Gabriel Agbolonhalor.
Ndidi is himself down with a minor injury and is expected to be out until February.
Agbolanhor born of Nigerian parents refused to play for his fatherland when the Nigeria Football Federation wanted to have him play for the Super Eagles.
In quotes carried by the Daily Star making reference to Stadium Astro, a programme in the UK that covers international sports events like the English Premier League and other international competitions, Agbolanhor said of the Uruguayan:
"I don't think he's the player that's going to take Arsenal to that next step. Arteta will look at him and think he can do a job now.
"But when the summer comes he may be looking for someone with more legs, someone better. He's good for now but I think that's because Arteta can't buy any players in January.
"For the players available, I think Torreira's the best option he's got."
Ndidi has played 20 English Premier League matches this season, one more than the Arsenal midfield maestro.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Target Trains With Bayern Munich In Lagos Ahead Of Barcelona Clash
- 'He's Definitely A Concern For The Weekend' - Rangers Coach Gerrard Confirms Balogun Is Injured
- Japanese-Nigerian Nduka; Rangers' Aribo; Mjallby's Ogbu; Kyoto Sanga's Utaka On Target
- Super Eagles Star Omeruo Cleared To Resume Training With CD Leganes
- Confirmed : Another Talented Nigerian Teenager Completes Move To Huddersfield Town
- Huddersfield Town Confirm Signing Of Promising Nigerian Left-Back, Also Eligible For Spain
- In-Demand Heerenveen Jewel Ejuke Reaches His Highest Ever Market Value
- 'I Want To Make Everyone Happy' - Eleke's First Words After Signing 3-Year Beerschot Deal
- 'Little Messi' Impresses Hammarby After First Training Session But Point Out One Weakness
- Belgium Club Beerschot In Advanced Talks To Sign FC Luzern Striker Eleke
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football