Former Aston Villa Forward Who Turned Down Super Eagles Recommends Ndidi To ArsenalPublished: January 12, 2020
Super Eagles midfielder Wilfred Ndidi will be a good fit for Arsenal as a perfect replacement for Lucas Torreira who pulled up with a muscle injury in Saturday's 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace at the Selhurst Park according to former Aston Villa forward Gabriel Agbolonhalor.
Ndidi is himself down with a minor injury and is expected to be out until February.
Agbolanhor born of Nigerian parents refused to play for his fatherland when the Nigeria Football Federation wanted to have him play for the Super Eagles.
In quotes carried by the Daily Star making reference to Stadium Astro, a programme in the UK that covers international sports events like the English Premier League and other international competitions, Agbolanhor said of the Uruguayan:
"I don't think he's the player that's going to take Arsenal to that next step. Arteta will look at him and think he can do a job now.
"But when the summer comes he may be looking for someone with more legs, someone better. He's good for now but I think that's because Arteta can't buy any players in January.
"For the players available, I think Torreira's the best option he's got."
Ndidi has played 20 English Premier League matches this season, one more than the Arsenal midfield maestro.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
Football News 24/7
- Three Nigerian Left Backs Train With Arsenal First Team Ahead Of Sheffield United Game
- Balogun Tips Arsenal For Premier League International Cup Triumph After Goal Vs Leicester City
- Lincoln City, Stevenage Scouts Watch Arsenal's Nigerian Whizkids Score Vs Leicester U23
- (Snapped) Ndidi Training With Leicester Teammates As Rodgers Delivers Good News On Super Eagle
- (Photo) Left-Sided Attacking Player Extends Contract With Chelsea
- Official : Croatian Club Hajduk Split Loan Out Chinedu
- Mourinho Comments On Signing A Striker Amid Tottenham's Link To Osimhen
- Turkish Federation Issue License To Monaco Loanee Onyekuru; Sekidika Still In Limbo
- Borussia Monchengladbach Looking To Loan Out Nigerian Federation Target Bennetts
- Former Tottenham Hotspur Winger Nathan Oduwa Trialing At Slovak Club AS Trencin
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football