Hull, Swansea Join Derby County In Race To Sign Chelsea's Left-footed Midfielder UwakwePublished: January 13, 2020
Hull City and Swansea City are among Championship clubs interested in signing Chelsea starlet Tariq Uwakwe, according to the Mirror UK.
The left-footed midfielder of Nigerian descent continues to be linked with a temporary departure from Stamford Bridge in the January transfer window, and Derby County have also been credited with an interest.
Uwakwe is eager to move out on loan to enable him get the chance to play first team football, which Chelsea have not offered him for now.
International players such as N'Golo Kanté, Ross Barkley, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Mateo Kovačić and Jorginho are ahead of him in the pecking order of midfielders at The Blues and he has yet to make his first team debut.
Uwakwe has a contract with Chelsea until the end of the 2021-2022 season, having renewed his contract in the summer and is now in his 12th season with the capital club.
The 20-year-old opened his Chelsea account this term as the U23 team defeated Manchester City 2-1 in the Premier League 2 on Saturday, January 11.
Uwakwe has played non-binding games for England U18, U19 and U20 national teams.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- Top Four Nigerian Players' Transfers So Far In The January Transfer Window
- Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal Outshine Granada's Azeez In Midfield As Barcelona Set Two Season Highs
- Chelsea Coach Of Nigerian Descent Touted To Join Mikel, Nwakaeme At Trabzonspor
- Jesse Sekidika Reacts After Making Competitive Debut For Turkish Champions Galatasaray
- Madrid CFF's Former Nigeria Captain Scores On Full League Debut In Spain
- Done Deal: Omoh Ends Nine-Year Association With Swedish Clubs After Completing FC Poli Iasi Transfer
- Super Eagles Star Ikechukwu Ezenwa Reveals His Goalkeeping Role Model
- 'He's A Candidate, Definitely' - Inter Milan CEO Confirms Interest In Chelsea-Owned Winger Moses
- The Real Reason Arsenal Defender Olowu Was Substituted At Halftime Vs Everton U23
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Arsenal Suffer Blow As Adeyemi Extends Red Bull Salzburg Contract
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football