FK Senica Striker Is Top-Scoring Nigerian Teenager In The Whole Of EuropePublished: January 14, 2020
FK Senica striker Samson Akinyoola is the top-scoring Nigerian teenager in Europe's First Leagues so far this season, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The 19-year-old has registered his name on the scoresheet three times in the Fortuna League, with the goals coming in his last nine matches in the division.
Akinyoola, who was signed from 36 Lion in September, opened his account for the season on matchday 10 against Pohronie, before scoring in back-to-back games against Michalovce and Ruzomberok in November 2019.
Antalyaspor's Paul Mukairu and OFK Titograd's Simeon Ajanah-Chinedu are both in second place with two goals each.
Just 19 years of age, Mukaru has received rave reviews from the media after breaking into the first team of Antalyaspor in his first season as a professional and one of his goals was against the big Istanbul club Besiktas back in November.
It is interesting to note that Kwara Football Academy product Ajanah-Chinedu, 19, is a central defender. He used to play for Katsina United and ABS domestically before moving to Europe.
Another 19-year-old, Tenton Yenne, a product of the famous GBS Football Academy that produced Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon and Samuel Kalu, has scored once for FK Senica while producing three assists.
Photo Credit : fksenica.eu
Football News 24/7
- Top Four Nigerian Players' Transfers So Far In The January Transfer Window
- Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal Outshine Granada's Azeez In Midfield As Barcelona Set Two Season Highs
- Chelsea Coach Of Nigerian Descent Touted To Join Mikel, Nwakaeme At Trabzonspor
- Jesse Sekidika Reacts After Making Competitive Debut For Turkish Champions Galatasaray
- Madrid CFF's Former Nigeria Captain Scores On Full League Debut In Spain
- Done Deal: Omoh Ends Nine-Year Association With Swedish Clubs After Completing FC Poli Iasi Transfer
- Super Eagles Star Ikechukwu Ezenwa Reveals His Goalkeeping Role Model
- 'He's A Candidate, Definitely' - Inter Milan CEO Confirms Interest In Chelsea-Owned Winger Moses
- The Real Reason Arsenal Defender Olowu Was Substituted At Halftime Vs Everton U23
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Arsenal Suffer Blow As Adeyemi Extends Red Bull Salzburg Contract
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football