Montpellier, Leganes Among Clubs Monitoring Awoniyi As Liverpool Plan To Cut Short Loan SpellPublished: January 14, 2020
For the second consecutive winter transfer market, Liverpool have plans to recall Taiwo Awoniyi from his loan spell.
Goal.com's Neil Jones has reported that the world champions are likely to recall the Nigerian from Mainz before the close of the January transfer window amid interest from other European clubs.
Around this time last year, Liverpool cut short Awoniyi's loan spell due to a lack of playing opportunities and the striker is in the same predicament as he was at Gent during the first half of the 2018-2019 season.
French Ligue 1 clubs Montpellier, Brest and Nimes, Besiktas from Turkey, and La Liga duo Leganes and Real Mallorca are among the clubs monitoring the situation of Awoniyi with a view to a transfer.
Of the 18 matches played by Mainz 05 in all competitions, the former Nigeria U23 international has been involved in only six games, logging 151 minutes.
Since making his full debut against Fortuna Düsseldorf on October 19, 2019, Awoniyi has not started a single game in the Bundesliga.
The 22-year-old previously spent time on loan at NEC Nijmegen and FSV Frankfurt.
Football News 24/7
- Mission Accomplished : Top Dribbler Victor Moses Sparkles As Inter Milan Reach Europa League Last 16
- Saka Plays Full Game As Arsenal Bow Out Of Europa League After Shock Loss To Olympiakos
- Ighalo Receives Glowing Praise From Man Utd Legends Scholes, Hargreaves After Maiden Goal; Ferdinand Congratulates Striker
- Goalscorer Ighalo Reacts After Helping Manchester United Set New Club Record In Win Vs Brugge
- Exclusive : Club Brugge Striker All But Ruled Out Of Nigeria's AFCONQ Vs Sierra Leone
- Top 6 Chelsea Academy Solo Goals : Nigeria-Eligible Midfielder With World At His Feet Listed
- Inter Milan Ready To Sign Chelsea Loanee Victor Moses Permanently On One Condition
- 'We Will Certainly Miss Dennis' - Club Brugge Defender, Coach Rue Absence Of Nigeria Striker Vs Man Utd
- Official : Russian Club FC Tambov Finally Confirm Signing Of Teenage Nigerian Striker
- 'We Don't Want To Lose Him Again' - Leicester Boss Latest Update On Ndidi Is Good News For Nigeria
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football