RB Leipzig Continue Pursuit Of First Bundesliga Title In Their Short HistoryPublished: January 16, 2020
RB Leipzig were formed by Red Bull back in 2009 and continue to improve. This has seen them climb up the divisions in Germany to the Bundesliga.
There highest finish to date was a second in the 2016/17 season, before also finishing in third last season.
They are continuing to be one of the leading forces in the division, as they go in search of their first top flight success.
There has also continued to be much support on the side in recent times, in what is one of the most followed league’s in the world, such as in places like Africa and America.
Many fans have been looking at the latest Nigerian betting sites reviewed by Sporty Trader, for the best offers available.
This includes a Cloud bet bonus offer, which is proving popular for new players. RB Leipzig remain amongst the favourites, only behind defending champions Bayern Munich in the betting markets.
Following the opening 17 matches played, RB Leipzig have won 11 matches, drew four and lost two.
This means they have picked up 37 points from a possible 51, and gives them a two point lead over Monchengladbach at present.
The latter had long been sitting at the top of the table, before being surpassed by Leipzig. RB are being driven by German striker Timo Werner, who continues his incredible season to date.
There is then a further two points back to Bayern Munich, who are back firing following a stuttering start to the season and a manager change. They have now won 10, drew three and lost four from their 17 matches played to date.
However, they have now been beaten in three of their last six top flight fixtures and have a major task on their hands if they are to win the league for the eighth year in succession and add to their record 29 titles to date.
Borussia Dortmund also remain in the hunt but are having a very inconsistent season. They are seven points off RB Leipzig, having picked up 30 points from a possible 51.
Dortmund have won eight matches, drew six and lost three. They drew 3-3 at home to RB Leipzig back in December, despite having taken an early 2-0 lead.
Since then, they have won just one in four, losing twice and drawing once. This gives an indication of their poor recent form and they will need to improve this greatly if they are to challenge for the title come the end of the season.
Others side still in contention include Schalke 04, Bayer Leverkusen and Hoffenheim. All three are having positive seasons and will be hopeful of pushing into the champions league places.
Photo Credit : dierotenbullen.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal's Best Starting Team Of Emirates Era : Iwobi, Akpom, Saka Miss Out
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Ndidi Distributes Gifts To Households In Lagos State
- Leicester Midfielder General Ndidi Named To Most Tackles XI Europe's Top 5 Leagues
- Club Brugge Line Up Replacement For Super Eagles Winger Dennis
- Talented Nigerian Midfielder Agrees New Multi-Year Deal With Chelsea
- Red Bull Salzburg Teen Sensation Explains Why He Rejected Move To Chelsea
- Manchester United Advised To Bid For Saka As A Cheaper Alternative To Jadon Sancho
- Serie A Sleeping Giant Botafogo Hoping To Clinch Signing Of Chelsea Hero Obi Mikel
- Europe's Top 50 Players : Wilfred Ndidi Vs Idrissa Gueye Debate Settled
- Babalade Fears For AFCON Qualifiers; Insists Postponement Of Matches Will Affect Super Eagles & Other Qualifying Foes
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football