Turkish Federation Issue License To Monaco Loanee Onyekuru; Sekidika Still In LimboPublished: January 17, 2020
The Turkish Football Federation have issued a license to Nigeria international Henry Onyekuru and this is a seal of approval from the football regulator that he is now a bona fide player of Galatasaray and eligible to represent the Turkish champions in their upcoming matches, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The player's license number 16956 issued on Friday, January 17 shows that he joined Galatasaray on January 5 and the agreement between the parties will end on May 31, 2020.
Onyekuru has been ruled out of Galatasaray's first league game of 2020 against Eddy Onazi's Denizlispor as he is recovering from malaria he contacted while holidaying in Nigeria.
The former Everton winger is expected to resume training with his teammates next week, assuming he does not suffer a relapse, which means the earliest date he can make his second debut for the Lions is January 23 when they face Rizespor in the Turkish Cup.
Meanwhile, a license has not yet been issued to another Nigerian winger in Jesse Sekidika amid speculation linking him with a loan move before the close of the transfer window.
The 23-year-old terminated his contract with second-tier Eskişehirspor on January 8 before sealing a transfer to Galatasaray the following day.
Photo Credit : galatasaray.org
Football News 24/7
- 'Giggs, Bergkamp, Scholes Used To Give Those Passes' - Van Persie Compares Saka To Man Utd, Arsenal Legends
- 'They Scored A Goal We Shouldn't Concede' - Man Utd Star On Dennis' First Half Strike
- (Photo Confirmation) Arsenal's Nigerian Wonderkid Joins Scottish Giants Rangers
- Leicester City Provide Ndidi Injury Update That Will Worry Super Eagles Fans, Rohr
- Manchester United Name Super Eagles Striker As One Of The Three Key Players In Club Brugge Team
- NPFL Club Heartland Slapped With A Two-Window Transfer Ban By LMC
- Nigeria U23 Star Scores First Competitive Goal Of Thierry Henry's Reign As Montreal Impact Coach
- 'I Have Grown Up Playing On The Left Or No 10'- Iwobi On Ancelotti's Tactical Genius
- Super Eagles Still Among Top Three Teams In Africa In New FIFA Rankings
- Arsenal Face Losing Exciting Teenager Saka If They Fail To Qualify For European Competition
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football