Turkish Federation Issue License To Monaco Loanee Onyekuru; Sekidika Still In LimboPublished: January 17, 2020
The Turkish Football Federation have issued a license to Nigeria international Henry Onyekuru and this is a seal of approval from the football regulator that he is now a bona fide player of Galatasaray and eligible to represent the Turkish champions in their upcoming matches, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The player's license number 16956 issued on Friday, January 17 shows that he joined Galatasaray on January 5 and the agreement between the parties will end on May 31, 2020.
Onyekuru has been ruled out of Galatasaray's first league game of 2020 against Eddy Onazi's Denizlispor as he is recovering from malaria he contacted while holidaying in Nigeria.
The former Everton winger is expected to resume training with his teammates next week, assuming he does not suffer a relapse, which means the earliest date he can make his second debut for the Lions is January 23 when they face Rizespor in the Turkish Cup.
Meanwhile, a license has not yet been issued to another Nigerian winger in Jesse Sekidika amid speculation linking him with a loan move before the close of the transfer window.
The 23-year-old terminated his contract with second-tier Eskişehirspor on January 8 before sealing a transfer to Galatasaray the following day.
Photo Credit : galatasaray.org
Football News 24/7
- Middlesbrough Coach Explains Why Akpom's Goal On Debut Will Do Him A World Of Good
- Tottenham Hotspur Hand Trial To Nigerian Defender Formerly With London Rivals Arsenal
- Chelsea Hero Mikel Provides Game-winning Assist For Stoke City In Win Vs Preston North End
- EPL Wrap : Eze Full Debut; Ajayi & West Brom Throw Away 3-0 Lead Vs Chelsea; Iwobi Subbed In; Ighalo Not In 18
- 'He'll Be A Great Asset For Us' - Wycombe Boss Admits Everton's Adeniran Was Signed To Replace Ofoborh
- Reading Running The Rule Over Released Man Utd Defender Nkwonta Ahead Of Potential Transfer
- Sodje's Nephew Scores First Competitive Hat-trick To Inspire Man City To 3-1 Win Vs Liverpool U18
- 1994 AFCON Winner Ekoku Blames Brighton's Poor Game Management For Loss To Man Utd
- First Squad Involvement For Chelsea's Attacking Fullback Abu In U18 Premier League
- 'He Is Playing Very, Very Well With Nigeria' - Rohr Backs Bordeaux's Kalu To Rediscover Form
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football