Lincoln City, Stevenage Scouts Watch Arsenal's Nigerian Whizkids Score Vs Leicester U23Published: January 17, 2020
Arsenal ran out 3-0 winners against Leicester City in their Premier League International Cup clash on Friday evening, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Several talent spotters were in attendance at Meadow Park to run the rule over the outstanding players on both teams, including representatives from Football League clubs Lincoln City and Stevenage, and they would have been impressed with the performance of the Nigerian teenagers on target for Arsenal.
Defender Tobi Omole, midfielder James Olayinka and striker Folarin Balogun started for the Gunners while the Foxes had fullback Calvin Ughelumba and striker Josh Eppiah on show.
Defenders Joseph Olowu and Daniel Oyegoke were afforded places on the bench for the hosts.
After Robbie Burton had given Arsenal the lead from the spot in the first half, exciting front man, Balogun doubled the advantage in the 59th minute when he curled home a superb goal from the edge of the box.
Shortly after Karl Hein had denied Eppiah handing his side a lifeline at the other end, his compatriot Olayinka joined in on the goal act in the 76th minute when he received a pass from Nathan Torney and slotted past goalkeeper Viktor Johansson for 3-0.
Both of Olowu and Oyegoke enjoyed cameo appearances for Arsenal in the 75th and 89th minutes respectively as they progressed into the knockout stages of the youth cup competition.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Giggs, Bergkamp, Scholes Used To Give Those Passes' - Van Persie Compares Saka To Man Utd, Arsenal Legends
- 'They Scored A Goal We Shouldn't Concede' - Man Utd Star On Dennis' First Half Strike
- (Photo Confirmation) Arsenal's Nigerian Wonderkid Joins Scottish Giants Rangers
- Leicester City Provide Ndidi Injury Update That Will Worry Super Eagles Fans, Rohr
- Manchester United Name Super Eagles Striker As One Of The Three Key Players In Club Brugge Team
- NPFL Club Heartland Slapped With A Two-Window Transfer Ban By LMC
- Nigeria U23 Star Scores First Competitive Goal Of Thierry Henry's Reign As Montreal Impact Coach
- 'I Have Grown Up Playing On The Left Or No 10'- Iwobi On Ancelotti's Tactical Genius
- Super Eagles Still Among Top Three Teams In Africa In New FIFA Rankings
- Arsenal Face Losing Exciting Teenager Saka If They Fail To Qualify For European Competition
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football