(Photo) 21-Year-Old Nigerian Left-Back Arsenal's 19th Man Against Sheffield UnitedPublished: January 19, 2020
Nigeria-eligible left-back Tolaji Bola continues to edge closer towards making his professional debut for Arsenal, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Ahead of the meeting with Sheffield United, Gunners head coach Mikel Arteta had a big decision to make on the player to provide cover for recuperating left-backs Sead Kolašinac and Kieran Tierney and the Spanish football tactician logically settled for Bukayo Saka as the teenage winger has operated in that role in five previous games.
Bola was photographed sitting behind the substitutes during yesterday's meeting at the Emirates Stadium, which confirms that he narrowly missed out on the matchday 18 and was the nineteenth man against The Blades.
The 21-year-old was also the nineteenth man for the away game against Bournemouth on December 26, 2019.
A debut could be on the horizon for the Hale End Academy product, taking into consideration that he has frequently trained with the first team since December.
Bola, who was converted from a central defender to a left-back when he joined Arsenal, was an unused substitute when Arsenal thrashed Nottingham Forest in the League Cup back in September.
Photo Credit : Jeorge Bird/Premier League
Football News 24/7
- 'Giggs, Bergkamp, Scholes Used To Give Those Passes' - Van Persie Compares Saka To Man Utd, Arsenal Legends
- 'They Scored A Goal We Shouldn't Concede' - Man Utd Star On Dennis' First Half Strike
- (Photo Confirmation) Arsenal's Nigerian Wonderkid Joins Scottish Giants Rangers
- Leicester City Provide Ndidi Injury Update That Will Worry Super Eagles Fans, Rohr
- Manchester United Name Super Eagles Striker As One Of The Three Key Players In Club Brugge Team
- NPFL Club Heartland Slapped With A Two-Window Transfer Ban By LMC
- Nigeria U23 Star Scores First Competitive Goal Of Thierry Henry's Reign As Montreal Impact Coach
- 'I Have Grown Up Playing On The Left Or No 10'- Iwobi On Ancelotti's Tactical Genius
- Super Eagles Still Among Top Three Teams In Africa In New FIFA Rankings
- Arsenal Face Losing Exciting Teenager Saka If They Fail To Qualify For European Competition
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football