(Photo) 21-Year-Old Nigerian Left-Back Arsenal's 19th Man Against Sheffield UnitedPublished: January 19, 2020
Nigeria-eligible left-back Tolaji Bola continues to edge closer towards making his professional debut for Arsenal, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Ahead of the meeting with Sheffield United, Gunners head coach Mikel Arteta had a big decision to make on the player to provide cover for recuperating left-backs Sead Kolašinac and Kieran Tierney and the Spanish football tactician logically settled for Bukayo Saka as the teenage winger has operated in that role in five previous games.
Bola was photographed sitting behind the substitutes during yesterday's meeting at the Emirates Stadium, which confirms that he narrowly missed out on the matchday 18 and was the nineteenth man against The Blades.
The 21-year-old was also the nineteenth man for the away game against Bournemouth on December 26, 2019.
A debut could be on the horizon for the Hale End Academy product, taking into consideration that he has frequently trained with the first team since December.
Bola, who was converted from a central defender to a left-back when he joined Arsenal, was an unused substitute when Arsenal thrashed Nottingham Forest in the League Cup back in September.
Photo Credit : Jeorge Bird/Premier League
Football News 24/7
- The Reason Anjorin Has Not Played For Chelsea Teams In The New Season
- Zidane Drops Akinlabi From Real Madrid Squad Vs Betis Despite Training With First Team On Friday
- 'He Felt Some Pain There Towards End Of Last Season' - Leicester Boss Confirms Surgery For Ndidi
- Confirmed : Nigeria-Eligible Striker Signs New Three-Year Deal With Leicester City
- Sheffield United Chase For A Striker : Wilder Provides Update On Arsenal's Balogun
- Alex Iwobi Details How Former Arsenal Coach Wenger Decided On His Best Position
- Nigeria, England Or Germany: Former Coach Claims Ex-Chelsea Starlet Musiala Has Made Decision
- 'I Model My Game After Sergio Ramos' - New SPAL Signing Belewu On His Idol, Best Position
- 'I'd Like To Play In The Premier League' - Porto Left-Back Sanusi Eyes Future Move To England
- UEFA Super Cup : Zirkzee, Musiala Benched As Bayern Earn €5M In Prize Money After Win Vs Sevilla
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football