Barcelona, Liverpool, Arsenal Suffer Blow As Adeyemi Extends Red Bull Salzburg ContractPublished: January 19, 2020
Arsenal, Liverpool and Barcelona amongst other interested European clubs have been dealt a huge blow after Nigeria-eligible youngster Karim Adeyemi signed a new contract with Red Bull Salzburg.
The new deal signed by the Germany youth international will keep him at Red Bull Salsburg until at least June 30, 2024.
The striker, who only turned 18 recently, was heavily linked with a departure from the Red Bull Arena, as a host of top Premier League clubs alongside the Spanish giants pitted themselves in a battle for his signature, but his future has been settled following his latest deal.
Asked by Red Bull Salzburg's official website why he decided to extend his contract despite interest from other teams, Adeyemi answered : "I believe that Salzburg as a city and club suits me well. Here I can develop as best I can.
"I consulted with my family about it and decided to stay here. I am also very happy that everything went so well on the part of the club."
Adeyemi started his club career with FC Bayern München before transferring to SpVgg Unterhaching in 2012.
Currently on loan at Red Bull Salzburg's feeder club FC Liefering, he has scored eight goals and assisted seven more in the Austrian second tier and is being tipped for more exploits this year, reason Salzburg wasted little time in tying him down long-term.
Photo Credit : redbullsalzburg.at
Football News 24/7
- Zidane Drops Akinlabi From Real Madrid Squad Vs Betis Despite Training With First Team On Friday
- 'He Felt Some Pain There Towards End Of Last Season' - Leicester Boss Confirms Surgery For Ndidi
- Confirmed : Nigeria-Eligible Striker Signs New Three-Year Deal With Leicester City
- Sheffield United Chase For A Striker : Wilder Provides Update On Arsenal's Balogun
- Alex Iwobi Details How Former Arsenal Coach Wenger Decided On His Best Position
- Nigeria, England Or Germany: Former Coach Claims Ex-Chelsea Starlet Musiala Has Made Decision
- 'I Model My Game After Sergio Ramos' - New SPAL Signing Belewu On His Idol, Best Position
- 'I'd Like To Play In The Premier League' - Porto Left-Back Sanusi Eyes Future Move To England
- UEFA Super Cup : Zirkzee, Musiala Benched As Bayern Earn €5M In Prize Money After Win Vs Sevilla
- Stoke City Loanee Etebo Finally Makes European Debut For Galatasaray
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football