The Real Reason Arsenal Defender Olowu Was Substituted At Halftime Vs Everton U23Published: January 19, 2020
Nigerian-born defender Joseph Olowu netted his first goal for Arsenal U23s in their entertaining 3-3 draw with Everton in a Premier League 2 game on Monday, January 13.
The Super Eagles hopeful was hauled off at half-time, making way for his good pal and fellow Nigerian Tobi Omole.
It was earlier thought to be a strange decision by Arsenal U23s head coach Steve Bould as Olowu gave a good account of himself in the first half, and opened the scoring with a deflected header from a corner kick in the 17th minute.
Allnigeriasoccer.com has done some digging to unravel the reason behind Olowu's substitution and it can be revealed that it wasn't a tactical change but a precautionary move by manager Bould after the player complained about his hamstring.
Olowu shrugged off his injury problems and was in action for Arsenal for the final 15 minutes of their 3-0 thrashing of Leicester City in the Premier League International Cup two days ago.
The 20-year-old has made progress since moving to the Emirates Stadium and a loan move to a Football League club to continue his development cannot be ruled out in 2020.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Middlesbrough Coach Explains Why Akpom's Goal On Debut Will Do Him A World Of Good
- Tottenham Hotspur Hand Trial To Nigerian Defender Formerly With London Rivals Arsenal
- Chelsea Hero Mikel Provides Game-winning Assist For Stoke City In Win Vs Preston North End
- EPL Wrap : Eze Full Debut; Ajayi & West Brom Throw Away 3-0 Lead Vs Chelsea; Iwobi Subbed In; Ighalo Not In 18
- 'He'll Be A Great Asset For Us' - Wycombe Boss Admits Everton's Adeniran Was Signed To Replace Ofoborh
- Reading Running The Rule Over Released Man Utd Defender Nkwonta Ahead Of Potential Transfer
- Sodje's Nephew Scores First Competitive Hat-trick To Inspire Man City To 3-1 Win Vs Liverpool U18
- 1994 AFCON Winner Ekoku Blames Brighton's Poor Game Management For Loss To Man Utd
- First Squad Involvement For Chelsea's Attacking Fullback Abu In U18 Premier League
- 'He Is Playing Very, Very Well With Nigeria' - Rohr Backs Bordeaux's Kalu To Rediscover Form
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football