Jesse Sekidika Reacts After Making Competitive Debut For Turkish Champions GalatasarayPublished: January 20, 2020
Nigerian winger Jesse Sekidika was delighted to make his competitive debut for Galatasaray in their hard-fought 2-1 win against Eddy Onazi's Denizlispor in the Turkish Super Lig on Sunday, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The Turkish Football Federation issued a license (No. 17171) to Sekidika on Friday, January 17, paving the way for him to play his first game for Galatasaray.
The 23-year-old stepped out onto the Turk Telekom Stadium, Istanbul turf with the number 28 at the back of his jersey in the 86th minute as a replacement for former Turkey U23 international winger Omer Bayram.
Writing on social media, he said : "Good win. Thank God for the First game. Thanks for the support.💛❤️🦁⏳. #cimbombom #glorytoGod #stepbystep".
A FIFA rule states that players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season and during this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs, meaning Sekidika is set to remain at the Lions until at least June 2020 since he featured for Eskişehirspor in the first half of the season.
A product of Brooke House College in England, he netted 8 goals in 16 league appearances for second-tier Eskişehirspor before his celebrated move to Galatasaray.
Football News 24/7
- Fulham's Lookman Earns Praise From Barcelona Legend For Composed Finish Vs Manchester United
- Nigerian Winger Scores Galatasaray's 500th Goal In Official Matches At Turk Telekom Stadium
- 'He Works Really Hard' - Fulham's Aina Admits Bobby Reid Will Be A Big Miss Vs Man Utd
- Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool Monitoring Situation Of Ex-Chelsea Midfielder Musiala
- 'I've Scored Four With My Left foot!' - Ndidi On His Superb Strike Against Chelsea
- Confirmed : Queens Park Rangers Loan Out Tottenham Academy Product Of Nigerian Descent
- German Club RB Leipzig Chasing Leicester City's Nigeria International
- 'We Want To Win Everything' - PSV Eindhoven's Madueke After Scoring 8th Goal Of The Season
- Besiktas Interested In Signing Manchester United's Ighalo After Missing Out On Mandzukic
- 'They Haven't Found Someone' - Leicester Hero Heskey Insists Iheanacho Can't Be The New Vardy
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football