Super Eagles Coach Rohr, Leicester's Ndidi React To 2022 World Cup Qualification DrawPublished: January 21, 2020
Nigeria head coach Gernot Rohr has reacted to the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification – CAF Second Round draw after his side were paired with Cape Verde, Central African Republic and Liberia in Group C.
The former Bayern Munich defender explained why the Super Eagles cannot afford to write off the three teams in the group despite pundits thinking it's an easy group.
Nigeria's three opponents are ranked outside the top 75 in the latest FIFA world ranking.
Speaking to the Super Eagles Media Team, Rohr said : "We’ve three tricky opponents in Group C. A few years ago, Cape Verde were Africa’s best FIFA ranked team, Central African Republic have some good players in Europe and we played a friendly in Liberia recently that wasn’t easy...we’ve to be at our best against them".
Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi opined that their first match in October will be decisive and also stressed the importance of winning all their three home matches.
He said : "This is the World Cup, no room for complacency. Every game must be taken seriously.
"Our first game is going to be the most important as well as all our home games, and even away games. We must make it to the third round."
Nigeria have qualified for six of the last seven World Cups and missed out on the 2006 edition due to the head-to-head rule after finishing on the same number of points as Angola.
Football News 24/7
- Inter Milan Ready To Sign Chelsea Loanee Victor Moses Permanently On One Condition
- 'We Will Certainly Miss Dennis' - Club Brugge Defender, Coach Rue Absence Of Nigeria Striker Vs Man Utd
- Official : Russian Club FC Tambov Finally Confirm Signing Of Teenage Nigerian Striker
- 'We Don't Want To Lose Him Again' - Leicester Boss Latest Update On Ndidi Is Good News For Nigeria
- Nigerian Winger Bukayo Saka Meteoric Rise to Arsenal First-Team
- Chelsea, Man Utd, Everton, 22 Other Clubs Monitor Super Eagles Star, Liverpool Loanee Vs Braga
- Manchester United Coach Reckons Dennis Will Be A Big Miss For Club Brugge
- Former Netherlands International Urges Eredivisie Top Scorer To Join Glasgow Celtic
- Three Nigerian Young Stars Train With Arsenal First Team Pre-Olympiakos
- Stoke City Loanee Etebo Will Not Make European Debut For Getafe This Season
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football