Manchester United Yet To Make Approach To Sign Nigerian Striker With 59 Goals In Last 3 YearsPublished: January 25, 2020
According to information gathered by allnigeriasoccer.com's editorial staff, Manchester United are yet to make an approach to sign Odion Ighalo amid speculation linking the former Watford star with a return to the Premier League before the close of the January transfer window.
Red Devils manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is weighing up whether to sign a striker after Marcus Rashford suffered a back injury and have been linked with Fernando Llorente, Edinson Cavani, Carlos Tevez, Ighalo and Islam Slimani.
With only six days left before the transfer window closes for business, Ighalo's move to Old Trafford does not look like happening as officials of Manchester United have not made contact with the striker or his Chinese club Shanghai Greenland Shenhua.
Since moving to China in January 2017, the former Lyn Oslo man has scored 59 goals for club and country, with 13 coming in the colours of the Super Eagles before calling time on his international career after last summer's Africa Cup of Nations.
The chance to play for Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs in the world, is not an opportunity he would turn down if the move becomes concrete.
Last year, Ighalo rejected a transfer to Barcelona because he was not guaranteed playing time by the La Liga giants ahead of the 2019 AFCON.
Football News 24/7
- Australia Legend Cahill Names Yakubu Among Amazing Group Of Everton Players Assembled By Moyes
- French Goalkeeper Highlights Five Attacking Qualities Of The 'New Drogba', Victor Osimhen
- Botafogo Prefer Signing Mikel Over Toure As Former Barcelona Star Makes Fresh Contact
- Nigerian Federation Chief Pinnick Likens Arsenal's Saka To A Goldfish With No Hiding Place
- Amaju Pinnick Insists Rohr Must Bow To NFF Demands Before He's Offered New Contract
- Ighalo Names Two Manchester United Legends He Modeled His Game After
- Ex-Liverpool Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria Named To League One Team Of The Season So Far
- Monaco-Owned Winger Onyekuru Makes Decision About His Future
- Top Five Youngest Nigerian-Born Players To Debut In The English Premier League
- Omeruo Hints Of Preference To Void La Liga As Leganes Struggle To Beat Relegation
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football