Confirmed: Glasgow Celtic Loan Out Promising Striker Eligible For Nigeria, IrelandPublished: January 27, 2020
With a statement on their official website, Scottish Championship club Dunfermline Athletic have announced the signing of Republic of Ireland youth international of Nigerian descent, Jonathan Afolabi.
The Celtic-owned striker will spend the remainder of the 2019-2020 season on loan at Dunfermline Athletic.
Afolabi joined the Scottish Premiership champions as a free agent in August 2019 following his release by Southampton but has yet to force his way into the first team under manager Neil Lennon, so has been farmed out on loan to enable him get used to the rigours of senior football.
He was one of the stars of last summer's European U19 Championship, helping the Republic of Ireland reach the semifinals of the tournament and was selected in the official UEFA Team of the Tournament.
Born in Dublin, the promising 20-year-old frontman wore the colours of St. Josephs Boys before moving to the United Kingdom in 2016.
Dunfermline Athletic, who sit fifth in the table, travel to Queen of the South in their next game in the Championship.
Photo Credit : celticfc.net
Football News 24/7
- 'Giggs, Bergkamp, Scholes Used To Give Those Passes' - Van Persie Compares Saka To Man Utd, Arsenal Legends
- 'They Scored A Goal We Shouldn't Concede' - Man Utd Star On Dennis' First Half Strike
- (Photo Confirmation) Arsenal's Nigerian Wonderkid Joins Scottish Giants Rangers
- Leicester City Provide Ndidi Injury Update That Will Worry Super Eagles Fans, Rohr
- Manchester United Name Super Eagles Striker As One Of The Three Key Players In Club Brugge Team
- NPFL Club Heartland Slapped With A Two-Window Transfer Ban By LMC
- Nigeria U23 Star Scores First Competitive Goal Of Thierry Henry's Reign As Montreal Impact Coach
- 'I Have Grown Up Playing On The Left Or No 10'- Iwobi On Ancelotti's Tactical Genius
- Super Eagles Still Among Top Three Teams In Africa In New FIFA Rankings
- Arsenal Face Losing Exciting Teenager Saka If They Fail To Qualify For European Competition
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football