Confirmed: Glasgow Celtic Loan Out Promising Striker Eligible For Nigeria, IrelandPublished: January 27, 2020
With a statement on their official website, Scottish Championship club Dunfermline Athletic have announced the signing of Republic of Ireland youth international of Nigerian descent, Jonathan Afolabi.
The Celtic-owned striker will spend the remainder of the 2019-2020 season on loan at Dunfermline Athletic.
Afolabi joined the Scottish Premiership champions as a free agent in August 2019 following his release by Southampton but has yet to force his way into the first team under manager Neil Lennon, so has been farmed out on loan to enable him get used to the rigours of senior football.
He was one of the stars of last summer's European U19 Championship, helping the Republic of Ireland reach the semifinals of the tournament and was selected in the official UEFA Team of the Tournament.
Born in Dublin, the promising 20-year-old frontman wore the colours of St. Josephs Boys before moving to the United Kingdom in 2016.
Dunfermline Athletic, who sit fifth in the table, travel to Queen of the South in their next game in the Championship.
Photo Credit : celticfc.net
Football News 24/7
- Zidane Drops Akinlabi From Real Madrid Squad Vs Betis Despite Training With First Team On Friday
- 'He Felt Some Pain There Towards End Of Last Season' - Leicester Boss Confirms Surgery For Ndidi
- Confirmed : Nigeria-Eligible Striker Signs New Three-Year Deal With Leicester City
- Sheffield United Chase For A Striker : Wilder Provides Update On Arsenal's Balogun
- Alex Iwobi Details How Former Arsenal Coach Wenger Decided On His Best Position
- Nigeria, England Or Germany: Former Coach Claims Ex-Chelsea Starlet Musiala Has Made Decision
- 'I Model My Game After Sergio Ramos' - New SPAL Signing Belewu On His Idol, Best Position
- 'I'd Like To Play In The Premier League' - Porto Left-Back Sanusi Eyes Future Move To England
- UEFA Super Cup : Zirkzee, Musiala Benched As Bayern Earn €5M In Prize Money After Win Vs Sevilla
- Stoke City Loanee Etebo Finally Makes European Debut For Galatasaray
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football