Arsenal Captain Aubameyang Commends Saka On Goal Against BournemouthPublished: January 27, 2020
Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was not in action Monday night for the Gunners against Bournemouth in their fourth round clash in the FA Cup as he serves the last of his three match suspension but he was appreciative of the efforts put by Bukayo Saka in the 2-1 win over the hosts at the Vitality Stadium.
Goals from Saka and Eddie Nketiah in the first half were enough for the away side albeit Bournemouth reduced the deficit in the second half with Mikel Arteta's team now billed to face Portsmouth in the fifth round.
Aubameyang commended the England youth international who is eligible to play for Nigeria at the senior level through his parents who hail from south western part of Nigeria.
"@Bukayosaka87 petit piment = Lil Chili," the striker wrote on his Twitter account after Saka scored.
Saka has thus scored three goals in 22 appearances for the Gunners this season and has played the last two Premier League game in the left-back position due to injuries to Sead Kolasinac and Kieran Tierney.
The winger cum left-back played all 90 minutes of the game and was the assist provider for Nketiah's goal just before the half time break.
The fifth round of the competition will hold in the week starting from Monday 2 March 2020 with draws for that round held minutes before the clash at the Valley.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Zidane Drops Akinlabi From Real Madrid Squad Vs Betis Despite Training With First Team On Friday
- 'He Felt Some Pain There Towards End Of Last Season' - Leicester Boss Confirms Surgery For Ndidi
- Confirmed : Nigeria-Eligible Striker Signs New Three-Year Deal With Leicester City
- Sheffield United Chase For A Striker : Wilder Provides Update On Arsenal's Balogun
- Alex Iwobi Details How Former Arsenal Coach Wenger Decided On His Best Position
- Nigeria, England Or Germany: Former Coach Claims Ex-Chelsea Starlet Musiala Has Made Decision
- 'I Model My Game After Sergio Ramos' - New SPAL Signing Belewu On His Idol, Best Position
- 'I'd Like To Play In The Premier League' - Porto Left-Back Sanusi Eyes Future Move To England
- UEFA Super Cup : Zirkzee, Musiala Benched As Bayern Earn €5M In Prize Money After Win Vs Sevilla
- Stoke City Loanee Etebo Finally Makes European Debut For Galatasaray
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football