Arsenal Captain Aubameyang Commends Saka On Goal Against BournemouthPublished: January 27, 2020
Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was not in action Monday night for the Gunners against Bournemouth in their fourth round clash in the FA Cup as he serves the last of his three match suspension but he was appreciative of the efforts put by Bukayo Saka in the 2-1 win over the hosts at the Vitality Stadium.
Goals from Saka and Eddie Nketiah in the first half were enough for the away side albeit Bournemouth reduced the deficit in the second half with Mikel Arteta's team now billed to face Portsmouth in the fifth round.
Aubameyang commended the England youth international who is eligible to play for Nigeria at the senior level through his parents who hail from south western part of Nigeria.
"@Bukayosaka87 petit piment = Lil Chili," the striker wrote on his Twitter account after Saka scored.
Saka has thus scored three goals in 22 appearances for the Gunners this season and has played the last two Premier League game in the left-back position due to injuries to Sead Kolasinac and Kieran Tierney.
The winger cum left-back played all 90 minutes of the game and was the assist provider for Nketiah's goal just before the half time break.
The fifth round of the competition will hold in the week starting from Monday 2 March 2020 with draws for that round held minutes before the clash at the Valley.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Giggs, Bergkamp, Scholes Used To Give Those Passes' - Van Persie Compares Saka To Man Utd, Arsenal Legends
- 'They Scored A Goal We Shouldn't Concede' - Man Utd Star On Dennis' First Half Strike
- (Photo Confirmation) Arsenal's Nigerian Wonderkid Joins Scottish Giants Rangers
- Leicester City Provide Ndidi Injury Update That Will Worry Super Eagles Fans, Rohr
- Manchester United Name Super Eagles Striker As One Of The Three Key Players In Club Brugge Team
- NPFL Club Heartland Slapped With A Two-Window Transfer Ban By LMC
- Nigeria U23 Star Scores First Competitive Goal Of Thierry Henry's Reign As Montreal Impact Coach
- 'I Have Grown Up Playing On The Left Or No 10'- Iwobi On Ancelotti's Tactical Genius
- Super Eagles Still Among Top Three Teams In Africa In New FIFA Rankings
- Arsenal Face Losing Exciting Teenager Saka If They Fail To Qualify For European Competition
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football