'Conte Worked With The Player At Chelsea' - Inter Milan CEO Explains Why Moses Started Vs UdinesePublished: February 02, 2020
Victor Moses has made his full debut for Inter Milan, four days after he came off the bench in his maiden game for The Nerazzurri against Fiorentina in the Coppa Italia.
Manager Antonio Conte named the Chelsea-owned wing-back in the starting line-up against Udinese.
The former Nigeria international started on the right side of Inter's midfield in a 3-5-2 formation and another new addition from the Premier League in the January transfer window, ex-Manchester United captain, Ashley Young occupies the left wing-back role.
Inter Milan CEO Beppe Marotta explained to Sky Sport Italia just before the start of the match that Conte named Moses in the starting line-up because he knows the player very well indeed from his time coaching Chelsea for two seasons.
"Moses is another addition to this group, which Antonio Conte is making the most of," Marotta said.
"He had already worked with the player at Chelsea, he is starting this evening and there are many games to go this season, so everyone will get their chance."
Meanwhile, central defender Sebastien De Maio comes in for William Troost-Ekong who has been named on the Udinese bench because of his muscle issues.
Going into today's game, Inter Milan lost momentum in the race for the Scudetto, having dropped points in each of their last three games.
Photo Credit : inter.it
Football News 24/7
- Official : Southampton Confirm Nigerian Defender Has Signed New Two-Year Deal
- Former Chelsea Defender Tasks Bukayo Saka On Favourite Position For Arsenal
- 2013 U17 World Cup Winner Returns To English Premier League Champions Liverpool
- 'He Will Score Against Arsenal This Evening' - Dad Backs Ex-Gunners Target Iheanacho To Continue Good Form
- Confirmed : Belgian Club KV Oostende End Their Association With Super Eagles Striker
- Ex-Monaco Striker Urges Man Utd To Make Three High-Profile Signings Including Ndidi
- Iwobi's Former Teammate Onyedinma Nets Brace As Wycombe Wanderers Seal Passage To Wembley
- First Official Words By Three Nigerian Starlets After Signing New Chelsea Contracts
- Everton Planning To Loan Out Nigerian Midfielder Next Season
- Young Reading Defender Named In Championship Team Of The Week
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football