Liverpool, Chelsea Will Have To Pay African Record Transfer Fee Of N39 Billion To Sign ChukwuezePublished: February 11, 2020
European champions Liverpool and Chelsea will have to break the transfer record for an African player to sign Nigeria international Samuel Chukwueze in the summer, if a recent report by Spanish sports daily Marca is anything to go by.
The Villarreal winger now has an increased release clause of 100 million euros (approximately N39 billion), which has to be triggered by an interested club before he can shred his agreement with the Yellow Submarine.
If Chukwueze's release clause is activated, the Diamond Academy product will become the most expensive African footballer in history, surpassing the 80 million euros Arsenal coughed up to acquire Nicolas Pépé from Lille in August 2019.
According to the reliable France Football, Liverpool attempted to sign Chukwueze in the winter transfer market by making an offer of 35 million euros.
Jurgen Klopp was in the market for a right winger to provide cover for Mohamed Salah but the amount offered by the Anfield side was deemed insufficient by Villarreal.
Aged 20, the 2019 African Youth Player of the Year nominee has played 64 official matches for Villarreal's first team, scoring 12 goals and has seven assists to his name.
Chukwueze is under contract with the Castellón club until June 30, 2023.
Football News 24/7
- 'We Will Certainly Miss Dennis' - Club Brugge Defender, Coach Rue Absence Of Nigeria Striker Vs Man Utd
- Official : Russian Club FC Tambov Finally Confirm Signing Of Teenage Nigerian Striker
- 'We Don't Want To Lose Him Again' - Leicester Boss Latest Update On Ndidi Is Good News For Nigeria
- Nigerian Winger Bukayo Saka Meteoric Rise to Arsenal First-Team
- Chelsea, Man Utd, Everton, 22 Other Clubs Monitor Super Eagles Star, Liverpool Loanee Vs Braga
- Manchester United Coach Reckons Dennis Will Be A Big Miss For Club Brugge
- Former Netherlands International Urges Eredivisie Top Scorer To Join Glasgow Celtic
- Three Nigerian Young Stars Train With Arsenal First Team Pre-Olympiakos
- Stoke City Loanee Etebo Will Not Make European Debut For Getafe This Season
- Lacazette Labels Saka 'The Best Young Player In The Premier League'
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football