Ighalo Heading Towards History As Man Utd Coach Names Striker In Provisional Squad Vs ChelseaPublished: February 11, 2020
Former Super Eagles star Odion Ighalo is heading towards entering the history books, with Manchester United head coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirming that the deadline day signing from Shanghai Greenland Shenhua has been named on the provisional roster for the trip to Stamford Bridge on Monday, February 17.
The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations Golden Boot winner could make his competitive debut for Manchester United against Chelsea and if this were to happen, he would become the first Nigerian player, born home or abroad, to play for the Reds since the formation of the English Premier League.
Ahead of a potential debut, Ighalo is undergoing a special fitness regime in Manchester as he was left out of the training camp in Spain because United feared the striker could be refused entry into England after the end of the training camp because he was in China within the past fourteen days.
Asked if Ighalo is available to Chelsea, Solskjaer told the official website of Manchester United: "Yeah, he is going to travel with us. We will just see his fitness work this week and I think we will get him sharp.
"We want to integrate him as quickly as we can because, of course, he is desperate to play for us".
Ighalo's last competitive match was against Shandong Luneng Taishan in the final of the Chinese FA Cup on December 6, 2019.
Photo Credit : manutd.com
Football News 24/7
- 'We Will Certainly Miss Dennis' - Club Brugge Defender, Coach Rue Absence Of Nigeria Striker Vs Man Utd
- Official : Russian Club FC Tambov Finally Confirm Signing Of Teenage Nigerian Striker
- 'We Don't Want To Lose Him Again' - Leicester Boss Latest Update On Ndidi Is Good News For Nigeria
- Nigerian Winger Bukayo Saka Meteoric Rise to Arsenal First-Team
- Chelsea, Man Utd, Everton, 22 Other Clubs Monitor Super Eagles Star, Liverpool Loanee Vs Braga
- Manchester United Coach Reckons Dennis Will Be A Big Miss For Club Brugge
- Former Netherlands International Urges Eredivisie Top Scorer To Join Glasgow Celtic
- Three Nigerian Young Stars Train With Arsenal First Team Pre-Olympiakos
- Stoke City Loanee Etebo Will Not Make European Debut For Getafe This Season
- Lacazette Labels Saka 'The Best Young Player In The Premier League'
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football