Salzburg-Bound Tijani Forced By NFF To Cancel Agreement With Agent, English FA NotifiedPublished: February 13, 2020
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that a high-ranking board member of the Nigeria Football Federation based in Lagos coerced Red Bull Salzburg bound Golden Eaglets skipper Samson Tijani into terminating his representation agreement with London based intermediary, Tim Lekan Aleshe.
Tijani and his father, Bashiru Oguleke Tijani signed a representation contract dated May 6, 2019 with Aleshe and the contract would have expired in 2021 but the existing contract was unilaterally terminated by the player and his father.
The defensive midfielder's international passport was seized by a proxy acting on behalf of a Nigerian Federation chief shortly after the Nigerian squad arrived in Lagos from Brazil to prevent the player from traveling abroad without his knowledge.
Few days after Tijani arrived in Lagos, Mr. Aleshe received a letter with subject matter, 'Invalidity/Termination of Representation Contract between Okikiola Tijani Samson and Tim Aleshe', and the English Football Association were notified to delete the representation contract on the Intermediary Matching System (IMS).
Tijani and his camp argued that the contract was terminated on the grounds that the player was not eligible to play for a club in England and it was impossible for the player to be bound by the English FA regulations, as the player is a Nigerian footballer playing football in Nigeria.
Former Nigeria defender Danny Shittu, Tim Aleshe and Emmanuel Adewole had been negotiating with Red Bull Salzburg over the transfer of Tijani before the representation agreement was unilaterally terminated.
As previously reported by this website, a top NFF official based in Lagos, Dotun Coker, who is the Chairman Technical Committee Lagos State Football Association, Siji Lagunju of the NFF Technical Department and Chief Joseph Uzoma Ebowusim will receive monetary payments for the transfer of the defensive midfielder.
Football News 24/7
- Top 6 Chelsea Academy Solo Goals : Nigeria-Eligible Midfielder With World At His Feet Listed
- Inter Milan Ready To Sign Chelsea Loanee Victor Moses Permanently On One Condition
- 'We Will Certainly Miss Dennis' - Club Brugge Defender, Coach Rue Absence Of Nigeria Striker Vs Man Utd
- Official : Russian Club FC Tambov Finally Confirm Signing Of Teenage Nigerian Striker
- 'We Don't Want To Lose Him Again' - Leicester Boss Latest Update On Ndidi Is Good News For Nigeria
- Nigerian Winger Bukayo Saka Meteoric Rise to Arsenal First-Team
- Chelsea, Man Utd, Everton, 22 Other Clubs Monitor Super Eagles Star, Liverpool Loanee Vs Braga
- Manchester United Coach Reckons Dennis Will Be A Big Miss For Club Brugge
- Former Netherlands International Urges Eredivisie Top Scorer To Join Glasgow Celtic
- Three Nigerian Young Stars Train With Arsenal First Team Pre-Olympiakos
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football