Salzburg-Bound Tijani Forced By NFF To Cancel Agreement With Agent, English FA NotifiedPublished: February 13, 2020
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that a high-ranking board member of the Nigeria Football Federation based in Lagos coerced Red Bull Salzburg bound Golden Eaglets skipper Samson Tijani into terminating his representation agreement with London based intermediary, Tim Lekan Aleshe.
Tijani and his father, Bashiru Oguleke Tijani signed a representation contract dated May 6, 2019 with Aleshe and the contract would have expired in 2021 but the existing contract was unilaterally terminated by the player and his father.
The defensive midfielder's international passport was seized by a proxy acting on behalf of a Nigerian Federation chief shortly after the Nigerian squad arrived in Lagos from Brazil to prevent the player from traveling abroad without his knowledge.
Few days after Tijani arrived in Lagos, Mr. Aleshe received a letter with subject matter, 'Invalidity/Termination of Representation Contract between Okikiola Tijani Samson and Tim Aleshe', and the English Football Association were notified to delete the representation contract on the Intermediary Matching System (IMS).
Tijani and his camp argued that the contract was terminated on the grounds that the player was not eligible to play for a club in England and it was impossible for the player to be bound by the English FA regulations, as the player is a Nigerian footballer playing football in Nigeria.
Former Nigeria defender Danny Shittu, Tim Aleshe and Emmanuel Adewole had been negotiating with Red Bull Salzburg over the transfer of Tijani before the representation agreement was unilaterally terminated.
As previously reported by this website, a top NFF official based in Lagos, Dotun Coker, who is the Chairman Technical Committee Lagos State Football Association, Siji Lagunju of the NFF Technical Department and Chief Joseph Uzoma Ebowusim will receive monetary payments for the transfer of the defensive midfielder.
Football News 24/7
- Chelsea's Argentina GK Knew He Was Going To Be Dropped From Starting XI Vs Nigeria 2018 World Cup
- Ludogorets Have Competition From PAOK, Turkish Clubs To Sign Maccabi Tel Aviv's Ofoedu
- Super Eagles Playmaker Iwobi Reveals What He Learnt From Retired Duo Mikel And Ighalo
- 'Nothing To Report At The Moment' - Heerenveen Director Of Football On Ejuke
- 'Every Game He's Bagging' - Ex-Arsenal U23 Skipper Identifies The Key Attributes Of Ighalo
- Nigerian Midfielder To Depart Watford After Ten Years, Rejects New Contract
- Racing Genk Ready To Sell Hagi To Rangers To Fund Bid For Heracles Marksman Dessers
- Bazee, Once Tipped As Heir Apparent To Victor Moses, Reacts To Scoring First Bundesliga Goal
- What Are Nigeria Punters Betting On While There Is Not Much Football?
- 'I Know He's Going To Do Bigger Things' - Eagles Captain Musa Wants Ighalo To Stay At Man Utd
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football