EPL: Iwobi To Overtake Nigeria's Record Appearance Holder Ameobi In One Key Stat If He Starts Vs ArsenalPublished: February 22, 2020
Everton winger Alex Iwobi is in line to overtake Newcastle legend Shola Ameobi as the ninth Nigerian player with the most minutes played in the English Premier League if he is named in the starting line-up against Arsenal on Sunday evening, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Ameobi, who is Nigeria's record appearance holder in the Premier League, racked up 7,050 minutes in 298 matches for Newcastle United and Crystal Palace while Iwobi has logged 7,019 minutes since his debut.
The Hale End Academy product accumulated 5,910 minutes of game time at Arsenal and has 1,109 minutes under his belt in the top-flight since his summer move to Everton.
Given Iwobi's Arsenal links and doubts over the fitness of wingers Theo Walcott and Bernard, it is a foregone conclusion that the Super Eagles star will be given a run out against his old club but whether he starts is another matter.
Chelsea legend Obi Mikel is Nigeria's top man in minutes played in the Premier League with 16,228, followed by another Chelsea product Victor Moses at 13,392, Yakubu Aiyegbeni (10,826), Joseph Yobo (10,252) and Wilfred Ndidi (9,505).
Completing the top ten in that order are Victor Anichebe, Peter Odemwingie, Dickson Etuhu, Shola Ameobi and Iwobi.
Photo Credit : evertonfc.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Battling Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United, Spanish & Italian Clubs For Super Eagles Star?
- Club Brugge's Dennis Now The 3rd Most Valuable Player In Belgium, Ranked 5th Among Nigerians
- Leicester City Have Not Received An Official Approach From Barcelona Over Ndidi
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Kalu Gets Permission From Bordeaux To Return To Nigeria
- 'Even If He's Nigeria Coach, He Still Has Ties With Girondins' - Rohr Named Among Top 5 Legendary Bordeaux Players
- Van Vossen's Ajax Best XI : Finidi In But Five Nigerians Miss Out Including Kanus, Oliseh
- Mourinho's Best XI He Has Coached : The Four Nigerian Stars Snubbed By Portuguese Super Coach
- Ex-Spurs Coach Pochettino Watched Arsenal Striker Balogun Score Brace Vs Manchester City U23
- The Three Biggest Losers From The Coronavirus Pandemic Fallout In Super Eagles
- Players Who Have Earned 20 Caps Or More While Chelsea Players : Four Nigerians Among 62 Players
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football