'The Fact That Ndidi Is Not Playing' - Liverpool Icon Explains Why Leicester Boss Tweaked FormationPublished: February 22, 2020
Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers has opted to go with a 3-5-2 formation in the ongoing game against reigning champions Manchester City at the King Power Stadium.
The Northern Irish man has made three changes from the side that were held to a goalless draw by Wolverhampton Wanderers and one of those changes sees Kelechi Iheanacho partner Jamie Vardy in attack, with the Nigerian starting only his fifth Premier League game this season.
Speaking just before the start of the game being broadcast live on Sky Sports, former Liverpool midfielder Steven McManaman opined that one of the reasons Rodgers tweaked his formation to make it more offensive was as a result of the injury enforced absence of holding midfielder Wilfred Ndidi.
The Nigeria international is still on the mend after suffering a relapse of the knee injury that required operation back in January.
"The fact that Ndidi is not playing, Choudhury is suspended, he needed to do something different because last week when they came back, Vardy hardly had a touch of the ball against Wolves, Maddison was too deep, so he probably needed to change the formation just to get a bit of attacking momentum because they are at home," said McManaman who made his England debut in a friendly against Nigeria in November 1994.
Leicester City have not won any of the last four matches their influential midfielder Ndidi has missed through injury.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Battling Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United, Spanish & Italian Clubs For Super Eagles Star?
- Club Brugge's Dennis Now The 3rd Most Valuable Player In Belgium, Ranked 5th Among Nigerians
- Leicester City Have Not Received An Official Approach From Barcelona Over Ndidi
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Kalu Gets Permission From Bordeaux To Return To Nigeria
- 'Even If He's Nigeria Coach, He Still Has Ties With Girondins' - Rohr Named Among Top 5 Legendary Bordeaux Players
- Van Vossen's Ajax Best XI : Finidi In But Five Nigerians Miss Out Including Kanus, Oliseh
- Mourinho's Best XI He Has Coached : The Four Nigerian Stars Snubbed By Portuguese Super Coach
- Ex-Spurs Coach Pochettino Watched Arsenal Striker Balogun Score Brace Vs Manchester City U23
- The Three Biggest Losers From The Coronavirus Pandemic Fallout In Super Eagles
- Players Who Have Earned 20 Caps Or More While Chelsea Players : Four Nigerians Among 62 Players
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football