'He Was Unfortunate Not To Score Against Chelsea' - Ex-Man Utd Defender On Ighalo Being An Impact PlayerPublished: February 23, 2020
There were three goals and three points for Manchester United in their latest Premier League match against Watford at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon.
Bruno Fernandes set the Red Devils on their way when he broke the deadlock three minutes before halftime, winning and scoring a penalty, Anthony Martial scored with an exquisite finish to make it 2-0 on 58 minutes, before an explosive finish from teenage sensation Mason Greenwood wrapped up the scoring in the 75th minute.
Former Watford striker Odion Ighalo still has to wait to make his full debut as he came off the bench for the third successive game, replacing Martial with ten minutes left on the clock for his first appearance at home.
Speaking during commentary on the Premier League world feed, former Manchester United defender Danny Higginbotham noted that the former Nigeria international received a warm reception from the United fans when he was introduced, adding that he was unfortunate not to open his goalscoring account against Chelsea on his debut six days ago.
Higginbotham said : "He brings something very different, Odion Ighalo, you see the reception that he's getting. He can be that impact player. He was unfortunate not to score against Chelsea....".
Following the win against the Hornets, there was significant move in the table with Manchester United up to fifth with 41 points, three behind Chelsea who they beat in their penultimate Premier League match.
Photo Credit : manutd.com
Football News 24/7
- Nigerian Federation Chief Pinnick Likens Arsenal's Saka To A Goldfish With No Hiding Place
- Amaju Pinnick Insists Rohr Must Bow To NFF Demands Before He's Offered New Contract
- Ighalo Names Two Manchester United Legends He Modeled His Game After
- Ex-Liverpool Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria Named To League One Team Of The Season So Far
- Monaco-Owned Winger Onyekuru Makes Decision About His Future
- Top Five Youngest Nigerian-Born Players To Debut In The English Premier League
- Omeruo Hints Of Preference To Void La Liga As Leganes Struggle To Beat Relegation
- Arsenal Winger Saka's Market Value Has Increased Threefold Since September 2019
- Chelsea Midfielder Uwakwe Reveals How He's Maintaining His Fitness During Isolation
- Liverpool Advised To Keep Tabs On Tottenham Hotspur-Linked Midfielder Eze
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football