Everton's Iwobi Receives Standing Ovation From Arsenal Fans On His Return To The EmiratesPublished: February 23, 2020
Hale End Academy product Alex Iwobi received a standing ovation from the Arsenal fans on his return to the Emirates Stadium for the first time since he swapped the north London club for Everton in the closing hours of the summer transfer window, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
On a personal level, the Nigeria international ended his Arsenal career on a high note, scoring in his final game as they were beaten by Chelsea in the final of last season's Europa League.
Iwobi first trained with Arsenal at the age of six, rising through the ranks before making his first team debut against Sheffield Wednesday during the 2015-2016 season whilst still a teenager.
The 23-year-old was applauded by the Gunners faithful as he made way for Bernard with half an hour remaining.
The Super Eagles playmaker had two chances he should have buried with his side leading 1-0 and was one of the Everton players at fault for the Gunners' equaliser when he failed to track the run of Bukayo Saka in the build-up to Eddie Nketiah's goal.
In the reverse fixture back in December, Iwobi lasted only 11 minutes on the pitch after suffering a hamstring injury that kept him on the sidelines for six weeks.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Battling Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United, Spanish & Italian Clubs For Super Eagles Star?
- Club Brugge's Dennis Now The 3rd Most Valuable Player In Belgium, Ranked 5th Among Nigerians
- Leicester City Have Not Received An Official Approach From Barcelona Over Ndidi
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Kalu Gets Permission From Bordeaux To Return To Nigeria
- 'Even If He's Nigeria Coach, He Still Has Ties With Girondins' - Rohr Named Among Top 5 Legendary Bordeaux Players
- Van Vossen's Ajax Best XI : Finidi In But Five Nigerians Miss Out Including Kanus, Oliseh
- Mourinho's Best XI He Has Coached : The Four Nigerian Stars Snubbed By Portuguese Super Coach
- Ex-Spurs Coach Pochettino Watched Arsenal Striker Balogun Score Brace Vs Manchester City U23
- The Three Biggest Losers From The Coronavirus Pandemic Fallout In Super Eagles
- Players Who Have Earned 20 Caps Or More While Chelsea Players : Four Nigerians Among 62 Players
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football