Bordeaux's Super Eagles Winger Rated Worst Player On Pitch After Duel With Neymar, MbappePublished: February 24, 2020
Nigeria international Samuel Kalu was rated the joint worst player on the Parc des Princes turf as a Paris Saint-Germain team containing superstars Neymar and Kylian Mbappe beat Bordeaux 4-3 in a Ligue 1 match on Sunday, February 23.
Considering the fact that the versatile winger had found game time hard to come by since the start of this calendar year, logging just 36 minutes from a possible 720 in all competitions, he was a shock inclusion in the starting line-up to face the reigning champions.
Deployed as a midfielder, Kalu didn't do himself any justice in his bid to return fully to the starting line-up as he was rated poorly by L'Equipe, with a score of four out of ten marks.
"The Nigerian reappeared after a long absence. But he had uneven success," the French sports daily wrote.
"If he got the corner taken by Kwang (18th), he wasted a huge opportunity (48th). And he lost to Bernat an aerial duel which led to the third Parisian goal".
Kalu came in for criticism following his return to France after his Christmas vacation, with Bordeaux coach Paulo Sousa questioning his professionalism and attitude to training.
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Battling Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United, Spanish & Italian Clubs For Super Eagles Star?
- Club Brugge's Dennis Now The 3rd Most Valuable Player In Belgium, Ranked 5th Among Nigerians
- Leicester City Have Not Received An Official Approach From Barcelona Over Ndidi
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Kalu Gets Permission From Bordeaux To Return To Nigeria
- 'Even If He's Nigeria Coach, He Still Has Ties With Girondins' - Rohr Named Among Top 5 Legendary Bordeaux Players
- Van Vossen's Ajax Best XI : Finidi In But Five Nigerians Miss Out Including Kanus, Oliseh
- Mourinho's Best XI He Has Coached : The Four Nigerian Stars Snubbed By Portuguese Super Coach
- Ex-Spurs Coach Pochettino Watched Arsenal Striker Balogun Score Brace Vs Manchester City U23
- The Three Biggest Losers From The Coronavirus Pandemic Fallout In Super Eagles
- Players Who Have Earned 20 Caps Or More While Chelsea Players : Four Nigerians Among 62 Players
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football