Exclusive : Club Brugge Striker All But Ruled Out Of Nigeria's AFCONQ Vs Sierra LeonePublished: February 27, 2020
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Club Brugge star Emmanuel Dennis has emerged as a huge doubt for Nigeria's 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against Sierra Leone next month.
Dennis suffered an injury as Club Brugge defeated Sporting RSC Charleroi 1-0 in their latest Belgian First Division A match on Sunday, February 23 and was left out of the squad for tonight's Europa League clash vs Manchester United.
The initial prognosis from Club Brugge's medical team would see the striker sidelined for up to one month, which effectively rules him out of the back-to-back matches against the Leone Stars.
The Super Eagles will lock horns with Sierra Leone at the Stephen Keshi Stadium in Asaba on Friday, March 27, before traveling to Freetown for the second leg on March 31.
Apart from Dennis, manager Gernot Rohr is also sweating over the fitness of Racing Genk's Paul Onuachu and SC Paderborn's Jamilu Collins, who is suffering from exhaustion and was rested for his team's last game at Bayern Munich.
On a positive note, Leicester City's Wilfred Ndidi has resumed full training and the holding midfielder is expected to be included in the Super Eagles squad for next month's games, barring a relapse.
Photo Credit : clubbrugge.be
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Battling Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United, Spanish & Italian Clubs For Super Eagles Star?
- Club Brugge's Dennis Now The 3rd Most Valuable Player In Belgium, Ranked 5th Among Nigerians
- Leicester City Have Not Received An Official Approach From Barcelona Over Ndidi
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Kalu Gets Permission From Bordeaux To Return To Nigeria
- 'Even If He's Nigeria Coach, He Still Has Ties With Girondins' - Rohr Named Among Top 5 Legendary Bordeaux Players
- Van Vossen's Ajax Best XI : Finidi In But Five Nigerians Miss Out Including Kanus, Oliseh
- Mourinho's Best XI He Has Coached : The Four Nigerian Stars Snubbed By Portuguese Super Coach
- Ex-Spurs Coach Pochettino Watched Arsenal Striker Balogun Score Brace Vs Manchester City U23
- The Three Biggest Losers From The Coronavirus Pandemic Fallout In Super Eagles
- Players Who Have Earned 20 Caps Or More While Chelsea Players : Four Nigerians Among 62 Players
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football