Saka Plays Full Game As Arsenal Bow Out Of Europa League After Shock Loss To OlympiakosPublished: February 28, 2020
Arsenal began Thursday night's Europa League round of 32 clash against Olympiakos with an advantage after winning the first leg 1-0 at Stadio Georgios Karaiskáki in Piraeus last week, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
However, it's Olympiakos who are through to the last 16 following a shock 2-1 win at the Emirates Stadium.
Anglo-Nigerian winger Bukayo Saka started once again at left-back and played the entirety of the game.
Pape Abou Cisse opened the scoring for the Greek side on 53 minutes, which eventually sent the game to extra-time.
Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang equalised in the 23rd minute of extra time, only for Youssef El Arabi to restore Olympiakos' one-goal lead on the night in the 120th minute.
Aubameyang turned from hero to zero when he squandered the chance to level the tie and keep alive Arsenal's hopes by missing a sitter in the final minute of injury time.
Saka ended his Europa League campaign with two goals and fives assists from six appearances.
Arsenal will now concentrate on qualifying for next season's European competitions via the FA Cup and finishing among the top six teams in the Premier League.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Battling Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United, Spanish & Italian Clubs For Super Eagles Star?
- Club Brugge's Dennis Now The 3rd Most Valuable Player In Belgium, Ranked 5th Among Nigerians
- Leicester City Have Not Received An Official Approach From Barcelona Over Ndidi
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Kalu Gets Permission From Bordeaux To Return To Nigeria
- 'Even If He's Nigeria Coach, He Still Has Ties With Girondins' - Rohr Named Among Top 5 Legendary Bordeaux Players
- Van Vossen's Ajax Best XI : Finidi In But Five Nigerians Miss Out Including Kanus, Oliseh
- Mourinho's Best XI He Has Coached : The Four Nigerian Stars Snubbed By Portuguese Super Coach
- Ex-Spurs Coach Pochettino Watched Arsenal Striker Balogun Score Brace Vs Manchester City U23
- The Three Biggest Losers From The Coronavirus Pandemic Fallout In Super Eagles
- Players Who Have Earned 20 Caps Or More While Chelsea Players : Four Nigerians Among 62 Players
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football