Mission Accomplished : Top Dribbler Victor Moses Sparkles As Inter Milan Reach Europa League Last 16Published: February 28, 2020
Antonio Conte's Inter Milan are through to the last 16 of the UEFA Europa League following their 2-1 win against Bulgarian opponents Ludogorets Razgrad at the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium on Thursday, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
For well documented reasons, the game was played behind closed doors to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease in Italy.
Looking to give playing opportunities to players lacking minutes under their belt in the Serie A, the former Chelsea coach handed a start to former Nigeria international Victor Moses who was preferred over first choice right wing-back Antonio Candreva.
Cauly Oliveira Souza broke the deadlock with a brilliant turn and finish in the 26th minute but Ludogorets' lead lasted only six minutes as Cristiano Biraghi restored parity for The Nerazzurri through a deflected shot.
Inter went in front for the first time on the stroke of halftime through Romelu Lukaku, the Belgium international heading home after a rebound fell to him.
According to statistics from whoscored.com, Moses completed the most dribbles (3), registered a joint team-high two interceptions and was successful in 79.1 percent of his passes.
Up next for Moses and his Inter teammates is a mouthwatering clash against Juventus in the Serie A this coming Sunday at the Allianz Stadium in Turin.
Photo Credit : inter.it
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Battling Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United, Spanish & Italian Clubs For Super Eagles Star?
- Club Brugge's Dennis Now The 3rd Most Valuable Player In Belgium, Ranked 5th Among Nigerians
- Leicester City Have Not Received An Official Approach From Barcelona Over Ndidi
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Kalu Gets Permission From Bordeaux To Return To Nigeria
- 'Even If He's Nigeria Coach, He Still Has Ties With Girondins' - Rohr Named Among Top 5 Legendary Bordeaux Players
- Van Vossen's Ajax Best XI : Finidi In But Five Nigerians Miss Out Including Kanus, Oliseh
- Mourinho's Best XI He Has Coached : The Four Nigerian Stars Snubbed By Portuguese Super Coach
- Ex-Spurs Coach Pochettino Watched Arsenal Striker Balogun Score Brace Vs Manchester City U23
- The Three Biggest Losers From The Coronavirus Pandemic Fallout In Super Eagles
- Players Who Have Earned 20 Caps Or More While Chelsea Players : Four Nigerians Among 62 Players
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football