Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool Linked Striker Osimhen Makes Big Statement About His Lille FuturePublished: February 29, 2020
Victor Osimhen is on the same page as Lille President Gérard Lopez after admitting that he would like to remain at the French Ligue 1 club beyond the end of the 2019-2020 season.
Signed from Sporting Charleroi in August 2019, the young Nigeria international has flourished in France, scoring 18 goals in 36 games in all tournaments.
His performances have attracted the interest of more glamorous teams in Europe, with the likes of Spanish trio Barcelona, Real Madrid, Sevilla plus Premier League clubs Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur keeping tabs on the striker with a view to a move.
In an interview with Radio Monte Carlo published by Foot Mercato, Osimhen was asked to comment on his future and he said : "Yes, I saw a lot of people alerting me on social media and I am really happy with it.
"Thank you to the coach and thank you to the club especially for giving me the opportunity to be able to do what I am doing today. But I would like to go even further and score more goals for my team.
"I would love to stay in Lille but you never know what can happen. I owe a lot to this club, and I will go where the leaders want."
Osimhen added that the leadership of Lille told him from the word go that they wanted to keep him at the club for more than one season, an agreement he intends to honor unless there is a big offer too good to refuse.
"When I signed my contract, the managers made me understand that they wanted me to stay for a while.
"Personally, I love life here, people are nice. The club facilities are incredible. Lille is a big club in France and of course I want to stay.
"Gérard Lopez is the boss so as I said, if he wants me to stay I will. But if it was up to me, of course I would stay."
Osimhen has contractual obligations with Lille until the end of the 2023-2024 season and is valued in the region of 30 million euros by transfer market experts.
Football News 24/7
- Racing Genk boss to make key decision on Onuachu after missing 3 of his last 4 spot-kicks
- Super Eagles target comes off bench to provide assist as Crystal Palace held by Arsenal
- Teenage Nigerian striker reacts after signing new deal with Chelsea
- Mane vs Salah : Ex-African POTY reveals the better of the two Liverpool stars
- 'He unsettled Maguire' - Former Fox hails Iheanacho for first half display vs Man Utd
- 'He's better than Lukaku' - West Ham legend makes bold claim about Napoli striker Osimhen
- Man City product, eligible for Nigeria & England, hints at switching allegiance to Germany
- Ex-Rangers boss reacts to reports Aribo could replace Chelsea-owned midfielder at Crystal Palace
- CSKA Moscow dazzler Ejuke named in Russian PL TOTW after completing nine dribbles
- Leicester star Ndidi makes prediction about Daka after striker's first Premier League goal
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football