Super Eagles Invitee Ehizibue Plays In Historic Bundesliga Game Against Borussia MonchengladbachPublished: March 12, 2020
Kingsley Ehizibue was in action for Cologne as they suffered a 2-1 loss at the hands of Borussia Mönchengladbach on Wednesday evening.
The game was held at the Stadion im BORUSSIA-PARK and it was the first ever match in the 57-year history of the Bundesliga that spectators were not allowed.
The match between Borussia Mönchengladbach and Cologne was held behind closed doors due to coronavirus fears.
Jamilu Collins's Paderborn will face Fortuna Düsseldorf on Friday without any spectators and the same applies to matches involving Ademola Lookman's RB Leipzig, Anthony Ujah's Union Berlin, Joshua Zirkzee's Bayern Munich, Kevin Akpoguma's Hoffenheim, Jordan Torunarigha's Hertha Berlin and Ehizibue's Cologne this weekend.
Breel Embolo's 32nd minute opener and an own goal from Jorge Mere saw Borussia Mönchengladbach establish a two-goal lead before Mark Uth halved the deficit on 80 minutes.
Former PEC Zwolle captain Ehizibue made his 22nd start in the Bundesliga against Borussia Mönchengladbach and lasted the entire duration of the contest.
After playing for the Netherlands U21s in a friendly, it is all but confirmed that the right-back will become cap-tied to Nigeria before the end of this month following his invitation for the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Sierra Leone.
Photo Credit : instagram.com/kingsleyehiz
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Battling Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United, Spanish & Italian Clubs For Super Eagles Star?
- Club Brugge's Dennis Now The 3rd Most Valuable Player In Belgium, Ranked 5th Among Nigerians
- Leicester City Have Not Received An Official Approach From Barcelona Over Ndidi
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Kalu Gets Permission From Bordeaux To Return To Nigeria
- 'Even If He's Nigeria Coach, He Still Has Ties With Girondins' - Rohr Named Among Top 5 Legendary Bordeaux Players
- Van Vossen's Ajax Best XI : Finidi In But Five Nigerians Miss Out Including Kanus, Oliseh
- Mourinho's Best XI He Has Coached : The Four Nigerian Stars Snubbed By Portuguese Super Coach
- Ex-Spurs Coach Pochettino Watched Arsenal Striker Balogun Score Brace Vs Manchester City U23
- The Three Biggest Losers From The Coronavirus Pandemic Fallout In Super Eagles
- Players Who Have Earned 20 Caps Or More While Chelsea Players : Four Nigerians Among 62 Players
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football