Amaju Pinnick Insists Rohr Must Bow To NFF Demands Before He's Offered New ContractPublished: April 06, 2020
Nigeria Football Federation supremo Amaju Pinnick has insisted that Gernot Rohr must bow to the demands of the local football regulator before he is offered a new contract.
Rohr has entered the final three months of his contract with the Nigerian Federation and with sporting activities postponed across the globe following the coronavirus pandemic, the Franco-German football tactician might have coached his last game for the Super Eagles.
There are three conditions Rohr must accept in the proposed new deal - living in Nigeria, being paid in the local currency and watching the domestic championship.
"We have told him. He MUST live in Nigeria. His salary will be in Naira. He must go around the leagues and see how he can nurture the players," Pinnick said on Arise TV.
"If he is able to accept it, we have a deal. There are a lot of coaches that want to coach Nigeria".
Speaking on the disruption of the global sports calendar by the coronavirus crisis, Pinnick says he's in contact with the Super Eagles players.
"I speak with all the players. I speak with the coaches. We try to right many wrongs. Nwankwo Kanu called me yesterday, he said he came to Lagos and is impressed," he concluded.
Rohr's last major assignment as Super Eagles coach was a 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match against Lesotho on November 17, 2019.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- AEK Athens, Besiktas In Talks With Released Wolverhampton Wanderers Striker?
- Former Sporting Charleroi Coach Points Out The Strengths And Weaknesses Of Osimhen
- 'One Of The Proudest Moments Of My Career' - Liverpool-Born Midfielder On Playing For Nigeria
- Norwegian-Nigerian Striker Anene Departs League Two Club Crewe Alexandra
- Photo : 18-Year-old Nigeria-Eligible Starlet Trains With Chelsea First Team
- Official : Wolfsburg's Felix Uduokhai Joins Augsburg On A Permanent Deal
- Premier League-Linked Striker Osimhen Compared To Ex-Man Utd Star By Former Coach
- Confirmed : Ex-Nigeria U23 Invitee Osaze Extends Contract With Sheffield Wednesday
- Exciting Winger Saka Name-checked Among 'Real Good Talents' At Arsenal
- Euro Clubs On Alert As Birmingham City Product Solomon-Otabor Cancels CSKA Sofia Deal
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football