Oldest Nigerian Goalscorers : UCL, Europe League, La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga, World CupPublished: April 06, 2020
Allnigeriasoccer.com takes a look at the oldest Nigerian-born goalscorers in some high profile competitions including the World Cup, Champions League, Europa League, La Liga, English Premier League and German Bundesliga.
At the age of 32 years, 11 months and 6 days, Peter Odemwingie became the oldest player to score for the Super Eagles at the mundial. The goal came against Bosnia- Herzegovina on the 21st of June 2014 at the Arena Pantanal in Cuiabá. The goal turned out to be the winner on the day, securing Nigeria's passage to the next round.
The only player under the age of 30 on the list. Mikel netted his last Champions League goal aged 28 years, 9 months and 25 days as Chelsea were beaten 2-1 by PSG on February 16, 2010.
Prolific for his clubs, former Super Eagles striker Richard Owubokiri has the honour of being the oldest Nigerian scorer in the Europa League, netting through a header as Boavista were held to a 1-1 draw by German opposition in the form of Karlsruher SC. He was aged 32 years, 7 months and 13 days when he achieved the feat on March 1, 1994.
Spanish La Liga
Former Espanyol and Almeria star Kalu Uche surpassed the great Rashidi Yekini's record that stood for more than 19 years when he scored a 63rd minute goal for Levante in a 2-2 draw vs Atlético Madrid at the age of 32 years, 5 months 25 days when the game was played on May 10, 2015.
English Premier League
Arsenal legend Nwankwo Kanu scored a game-winning goal for Portsmouth against Hull City during the 2009-2010 season at the age of 33 years, 7 months and 16 days.
One of the top Nigerian players to grace the Bundesliga, Jonathan Akpoborie slotted in the 29th minute to help Wolfsburg claim a hard fought 3-2 win at Werder Bremen on April 21, 2001. 32 years, 6 months and 1 day were behind him when he achieved the record 19 years ago.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Both Of Them Were Serious Heartbreaks' - Iwobi Opens Up On Late Goals Conceded Vs Algeria, Argentina
- Ejuke Explains His Connection To Dutch-Born Heerenveen Midfielder Courted By Nigeria
- Premier League Clubs, Barca, Real Madrid Handed Transfer Boost As Osimhen Rejects Napoli
- Official : Eyoma Returns To Tottenham Hotspur; Adebayo-Smith, Edun Retained By Lincoln City
- Proof That Manchester United Center Back Mengi Is Not Eligible To Represent Nigeria
- What Does The Future Hold For Amos At Tottenham Hotspur?
- Olympiakos-Linked Striker Onyekuru Reveals His Preferred Destination
- Why Manchester United's Fastest Player Is Perfect For Nigeria Youth Teams
- Official : Two Nigerian Youngsters To Depart Norwich City At The End Of June
- Lille Target Mexico Whizkid As Replacement For Chelsea, Arsenal-Linked Osimhen
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football