Manchester United To Offer Ighalo Permanent Deal If They Miss Out On Sancho, Harry KanePublished: May 04, 2020
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Manchester United signing Odion Ighalo on a permanent deal is dependent on their top two summer transfer targets in Jadon Sancho and Harry Kane.
Though the Borussia Dortmund winger and Tottenham Hotspur captain are valued in the region of £300 million, Manchester United are not willing to pay more than £200m for the two England internationals.
Having said that, United will first study the financial implications of the coronavirus pandemic before deciding whether or not to make firm bids for Sancho and Kane, and would turn to Ighalo if their income is dwindling.
With Ighalo's contract with the Red Devils set to run out on May 31, they are keen to extend the loan deal rather than offering him a permanent contract, but it's unclear if the loan arrangement will be valid as the transfer window is still shut.
Another stumbling block to the former Nigeria international signing a loan extension is that Shanghai Shenhua want their striker back in China as soon as the agreement with Manchester United ends.
Ighalo has silenced his critics following his move to the Old Trafford outfit in the January transfer window, netting four goals in eight appearances with one of the strikes winning the club's Goal of the Month award for March 2020.
The 30-year-old is leaning toward extending his stay at Manchester United, if he is given a choice between the Premier League giants and the Chinese moneybags.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Nigeria Squad Announcement: Iwobi, Aina Called Up; Osimhen Returns; Swiss-Born Osigwe Novelty
- Croatia Assistant Coach Names Ejuke As The CSKA Moscow Signing He Enjoys Watching
- Ex-Tottenham Winger Oduwa To Undergo Late Fitness Test Before Dundalk's Clash Vs Arsenal
- Liverpool Product Who Wants To Play For Nigeria Named In EFL Championship TOTW
- Most Europa League Appearances For Arsenal : Hale End Product Iwobi In Top Ten
- 'Emmanuel Dennis Is 22' - Club Brugge Coach Blames Inexperience For Draw Vs Lazio
- Arsenal Hero Wright Warns Ighalo Arrival Of Cavani Could Have Negative Impact On His Performance
- UCL Wrap : Dennis Booked; Man Utd's Ighalo, Club Brugge's Okereke, Rennes' Lesley Benched
- Super Eagles Goalkeeper Sparkles On Full Debut But Sparta Rotterdam Suffer Penalty Heartbreak
- Brendan Rodgers Reveals Leicester City Will Be Much Better When Ndidi Returns
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football