Ex-Flying Eagles Striker Makes Under The Radar Transfer To FK VentspilsPublished: May 11, 2020
Latvian Virsliga side FK Ventspils are on the verge of confirming the signing of ex-Flying Eagles star Christian Pyagbara.
Pyagbara is the third Nigerian player added to FK Ventspils roster for the 2020 season, after 2013 U17 World Cup-winning goalkeeper Dele Alampasu and Kazeem Ojo Aderounmu, who was acquired from Real Sapphire FC .
The 24-year-old center forward has inked a two-year contract, keeping him at Ventspils until December 2021.
"I chose to join Ventspils because they are playing in the Europa League qualifiers and they are a good club too, I have been handed the number 30 jersey, " said Pyagbara to allnigeriasoccer.com.
"I have started training with the club since last week Monday, players are divided into two so we don't have body contact.
"Alampasu and Kazeem have helped me settle down and get used to the club, things are easy for me here."
The deal taking him to Ventspils was brokered by John Chibuzo Nwankpa of JCN-Johnson Sports Management, who also handles the affairs of Alampasu.
Pyagbara has been issued a one-year work permit, paving the way for him to play competitive matches for his new employer when the Latvian Virsliga begins.
He has already done a photo shoot and will be unveiled by Ventspils in the coming days.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- UEFA Confirm European Ban For Nwakaeme's Turkish Club Over Financial Fair Play Rules
- 'That Has Been My Dream' - Triple-Eligible Ex-Chelsea Starlet On Representing Nigeria At World Cup
- 'He Can Also Be Sold To Manchester United' - Shanghai Shenhua Chiefs Explain Ighalo's Latest Deal
- 'Hope There Will Be News Soon' - Racing Genk Target Dessers Wants His Future Sorted Out
- Nigerian-Born GK Reveals How He Joined Chelsea And Being Embarrassed In His Early Days
- Five Nigerian Stars Who Could Change Clubs In The Summer Transfer Window
- Super Eagles Striker Osimhen Succeeds Nicolas Pepe As Lille's Player Of The Season
- Official : Alabi Released By Leyton Orient; Ekpiteta, Ogie Negotiating New Deals
- Arsenal-Linked Striker Dennis Labels Manchester United The Best Team In England
- Tottenham Hotspur Backed To Sign Super Eagles Star Compared To Harry Kane
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football