Europe's Top 5 Leagues : Collins Is First Nigeria-Born Player To Start A League Game In 68 DaysPublished: May 16, 2020
Nigeria national-teamer Jamilu Collins has been named in the SC Paderborn's starting lineup for their German Bundesliga clash against Fortuna Dusseldorf at the Spiel-Arena on Saturday afternoon, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The European Leagues were halted in March, apart from the Belarusian Premier League, due to the coronavirus pandemic, and the Bundesliga is the first major league to resume.
Provided Collins comes through the pre-match warm-up unscathed, he will become the first Nigerian-born player to start a league game in the European top five leagues since March 9.
Sixty eight days ago, Leicester City pair Wilfred Ndidi and Kelechi Iheanacho started for Leicester City in their 4-0 rout of Aston Villa in the Premier League, the last players born in Nigeria to feature for a club in the big five European Leagues.
Two Nigerian Federation targets born in Germany in the shape of Hertha Berlin's Jordan Torunarigha and Hoffenheim's Kevin Akpoguma have been included in the starting XI for their respective clubs, while Augsburg's Noah Bazee and Felix Uduokhai are in the 18 but start on the bench.
Former Everton winger Ademola Lookman has been named among the RB Leipzig substitutes against Freiburg at the Red Bull Arena.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- UEFA Confirm European Ban For Nwakaeme's Turkish Club Over Financial Fair Play Rules
- 'That Has Been My Dream' - Triple-Eligible Ex-Chelsea Starlet On Representing Nigeria At World Cup
- 'He Can Also Be Sold To Manchester United' - Shanghai Shenhua Chiefs Explain Ighalo's Latest Deal
- 'Hope There Will Be News Soon' - Racing Genk Target Dessers Wants His Future Sorted Out
- Nigerian-Born GK Reveals How He Joined Chelsea And Being Embarrassed In His Early Days
- Five Nigerian Stars Who Could Change Clubs In The Summer Transfer Window
- Super Eagles Striker Osimhen Succeeds Nicolas Pepe As Lille's Player Of The Season
- Official : Alabi Released By Leyton Orient; Ekpiteta, Ogie Negotiating New Deals
- Arsenal-Linked Striker Dennis Labels Manchester United The Best Team In England
- Tottenham Hotspur Backed To Sign Super Eagles Star Compared To Harry Kane
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football