Bundesliga Wrap : Akpoguma Scores OG; Uduokhai Denied By VAR; Torunarigha Shines; Collins Goes 90; Lookman, Bazee Subbed InPublished: May 16, 2020
Football is back, and so are the Nigeria-eligible exports in the German Bundesliga. Thus, allnigeriasoccer.com rounds up the performances of every one of them on Saturday afternoon.
At the Red-Bull Arena, Ademola Lookman was introduced off the bench in Leipzig's 1-1 draw with Freiburg, with the attacker coming close to finding the target in the 79th minute when his shot from close range was blocked.
The No.17 was on for the entirety of the second half.
Elsewhere, Hoffenheim's Kevin Akpoguma put through his own net after 58 minutes in their 3-0 loss to Hertha Berlin at the Rhein-Neckar-Arena.
Jordan Torunarigha starring for the visitors assisted Matheus Cunha for the third goal while youngster Chinedu Ekene was not summoned off the bench by manager Alfred Schreuder.
At the Merkur Spiel-Arena, Jamilu Collins was on from start to finish as Paderborn and Fortuna Dusseldorf shared spoils in a goalless encounter.
Over to the Augsburg Arena and it was defender Felix Uduokhai who played the final 25 minutes against his parent club Wolfsburg who beat Augsburg 2-1.
The Wolfsburg loanee thought he had scored in the 67th minute when he headed home but the goal was chhalked out after a VAR review.
His teammate Noah Sarenren-Bazee who also started amongst the substitutes came on in the 87th minute of the game as they fell to the late, late defeat.
Photo Credit : twitter.com/Jordanynany
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Babajide Sends Message To FA As Liverpool Are Relegated To Women's Championship
- AEK Athens, Besiktas In Talks With Released Wolverhampton Wanderers Striker?
- Former Sporting Charleroi Coach Points Out The Strengths And Weaknesses Of Osimhen
- 'One Of The Proudest Moments Of My Career' - Liverpool-Born Midfielder On Playing For Nigeria
- Norwegian-Nigerian Striker Anene Departs League Two Club Crewe Alexandra
- Photo : 18-Year-old Nigeria-Eligible Starlet Trains With Chelsea First Team
- Official : Wolfsburg's Felix Uduokhai Joins Augsburg On A Permanent Deal
- Premier League-Linked Striker Osimhen Compared To Ex-Man Utd Star By Former Coach
- Confirmed : Ex-Nigeria U23 Invitee Osaze Extends Contract With Sheffield Wednesday
- Exciting Winger Saka Name-checked Among 'Real Good Talents' At Arsenal
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football