Bundesliga Wrap : Akpoguma Scores OG; Uduokhai Denied By VAR; Torunarigha Shines; Collins Goes 90; Lookman, Bazee Subbed InPublished: May 16, 2020
Football is back, and so are the Nigeria-eligible exports in the German Bundesliga. Thus, allnigeriasoccer.com rounds up the performances of every one of them on Saturday afternoon.
At the Red-Bull Arena, Ademola Lookman was introduced off the bench in Leipzig's 1-1 draw with Freiburg, with the attacker coming close to finding the target in the 79th minute when his shot from close range was blocked.
The No.17 was on for the entirety of the second half.
Elsewhere, Hoffenheim's Kevin Akpoguma put through his own net after 58 minutes in their 3-0 loss to Hertha Berlin at the Rhein-Neckar-Arena.
Jordan Torunarigha starring for the visitors assisted Matheus Cunha for the third goal while youngster Chinedu Ekene was not summoned off the bench by manager Alfred Schreuder.
At the Merkur Spiel-Arena, Jamilu Collins was on from start to finish as Paderborn and Fortuna Dusseldorf shared spoils in a goalless encounter.
Over to the Augsburg Arena and it was defender Felix Uduokhai who played the final 25 minutes against his parent club Wolfsburg who beat Augsburg 2-1.
The Wolfsburg loanee thought he had scored in the 67th minute when he headed home but the goal was chhalked out after a VAR review.
His teammate Noah Sarenren-Bazee who also started amongst the substitutes came on in the 87th minute of the game as they fell to the late, late defeat.
Photo Credit : twitter.com/Jordanynany
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- 'John Was Excellent' - Stoke City Coach Admits Mikel Played A Key Role In Clean Sheet
- Nigeria Handed Injury Boost Pre-Sierra Leone As Ejuke Named In CSKA Moscow Traveling Squad
- Chelsea Loanee Moses Makes Home Debut In Spartak Moscow's Loss To Rostov
- 'It Was My First Leicester City Goal'- Iheanacho Excited At Prospect Of Facing Leeds United
- Rohr To Run The Rule Over Nwakali As Ex-Arsenal Star Makes Full La Liga Debut Vs Real Madrid
- First Squad Involvement For Ideho As Arsenal Lose To Liverpool In Premier League 2
- Former Napoli Striker Carnevale Offers Surprising Advice To Super Eagles Star Osimhen
- Genk's Dessers Insists He Can Play With Onuachu After Scoring First Goal From Open Play
- Red-Hot Striker Fiabema Scores Game-Winner As Chelsea Beat Man Utd In FA Youth Cup
- Nwakaeme Involved In Three Goals As Trabzonspor Lose Seven-Goal Thriller
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football