Late Nigeria U20 Captain : Sports Minister Continues His Nice Gesture Of Presenting Gifts To Families Of Fallen HeroesPublished: May 21, 2020
The Minister of Youth and Sports development in Nigeria, Hon. Sunday Dare has continued with his fine gesture of paying visits to families of fallen sporting heroes across the country.
Earlier today in Jos, Plateau State, North Central Nigeria, the Honorable Minister sent various levels of food items and the sum of fifty thousand naira (N50,000) to the mother of late former Nigeria International defender Ali Jeje.
The cash and items were presented to the mother of the late Ali Jeje on behalf of the Minister by famous journalist Yemi kosoko and former Nigeria international footballers Sam Pam Jr., Salisu Nakande and Sani Adamu in the presence of most members of the entire family and members of the press.
The Minister also promised to pay the mother a monthly stipend to ease her challenges just as was done recently to the mothers of Rashidi Yekini, Samuel Okwaraji and Sunday Bada.
For the records, Ali Jeje captained Nigeria to win her first Under-20 African Championship in 1983 and also was captain when Nigeria played in her first FIFA tournament at the Under-20 World Championship in 1983.
That squad that was tinkered by the late Chris Udemezue had several talented footballers who including Humphrey Edobor, Ndubuisi Okosieme, Tajudeen Disu, Yisa Shofoluwe, Dahiru Sadi, Tarila Okorowanta, Manu Garba, Wilfred Agbonavbare and several others.
Jeje died of an ailment in Jos some years ago.
Football News 24/7
- Paris St. Germain Reportedly Interested In Manchester United Striker Ighalo?
- Manchester City Keeping Tabs On 'Raheem Sterling-Like' Nigerian Winger Alli
- Racing Genk's Dessers, Club Brugge's Dennis Suffer Training Ground Injuries
- Official : TSV Hartberg Loan In Ex-Golden Eaglets Skipper Tijani From Red Bull Salzburg
- Crystal Palace Thrashing Out Terms With Queens Park Rangers For 11.9B-Rated Midfielder Eze
- 'England Is A Strong Possibility' - Stoke City, West Brom Handed Boost In Pursuit Of Chelsea Legend
- Ex-Nigeria U17 Dazzler Amoo Named In Hammarby Matchday 18 But Won't Make Full Debut
- Super Eagles Target Trains With Bayern Munich In Lagos Ahead Of Barcelona Clash
- 'He's Definitely A Concern For The Weekend' - Rangers Coach Gerrard Confirms Balogun Is Injured
- Japanese-Nigerian Nduka; Rangers' Aribo; Mjallby's Ogbu; Kyoto Sanga's Utaka On Target
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football