La Liga : Etebo Receives Third Yellow Card As Getafe Lose To Granada; Azeez Non-playing SubstitutePublished: June 12, 2020
Super Eagles midfielder Oghenekaro Etebo was in action for 90 minutes and was yellow carded at the Estadio Nuevo Los Cármenes in a matchday 28 fixture between his Spanish side Getafe and home side Granada who came from a goal down to claim a 2-1 win.
The match was the first La Liga match on Friday evening before Valencia hosted Levante but second in the restart.
Granada did not parade fellow Nigerian international Ramon Azeez who was an unused substitute.
Carlos Fernandez scored the hosts' goals in the 70th and 79th minutes but Timor had put Getafe ahead 20 minutes into the game.
Etebo went unpunished for an elbow on Granada's Carlos Fernandez five minutes on the clock.
The Nigerian playing in his eighth game in 2020 created a goal scoring opportunity in the 49th minute when he threaded a through ball onto the path of Deyverson but the forward was dispossessed of the ball in the six yard box.
Etebo was however booked in the 61st minute as he clashed heads with Granada's Yangel Herrera with both players contending for an aerial ball.
The yellow card was his third of the season in La Liga.
- Official : Newly capped Norway U20 winger with Nigerian passport joins Bodo/Glimt
- Report : Spartak make transfer decision on ex-Chelsea star Moses ahead of summer window
- Lens join Brentford in race to sign defender who impressed for Super Eagles v Guinea-Bissau
- Done deal : Glasgow Rangers confirm signing of 2023 Flying Eagles invitee
- Balogun's international future : Arsenal boss Arteta shares advice to Super Eagles-eligible striker
- Dennis' chip against Newcastle up for Nottingham Forest Goal of the Month
- Nigeria-eligible striker joins Southampton on pro terms after trialing at Chelsea, Man Utd
- How is Man United prospect Shoretire performing on loan at Bolton?
- Arsenal tracking 25-cap Nigeria international as potential replacement for Balogun
- Another Nigerian player battling to overcome injury ahead of Italian Serie A return
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football