Taiwo Awoniyi : Mainz Provide Injury Update On Liverpool LoaneePublished: June 14, 2020
German Bundesliga side Mainz 05 have provided an update on the injury suffered by Liverpool-owned striker Taiwo Awoniyi during Sunday afternoon's 1-0 loss to Augsburg.
The former Nigeria U23 international landed awkwardly on his neck following an aerial battle with Augsburg central defender Felix Uduokhai in the 17th minute.
He was treated on the pitch for about five minutes, then driven by an ambulance to the hospital.
The preliminary diagnosis from the medics is that Awoniyi suffered a severe concussion but the good news is that the striker is now conscious and did not swallow his tongue.
Providing an update on Awoniyi's condition, Mainz tweeted : "Our striker Taiwo Awoniyi suffered a concussion in his collision with Augsburg's Felix Uduokhai and is spending the night in hospital as a precautionary measure."
Mainz's next game in the Bundesliga comes up against Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday, June 17 and it is all but confirmed that Awoniyi will sit out the game, based on concussion protocol.
Photo Credit : mainz05.de
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Could Be The Most Important Goal of Leicester's Season' - Ex-Barcelona Striker On Iheanacho's Opener Vs Eagles
- 'The Technique Was Brilliant' - Man Utd Legend Hails Saka For Smashing Finish Vs Wolves
- EPL Wrap: Iheanacho Hits Double Digits; Ighalo Close To Scoring; Idah Denied By The Post
- Confirmed : Femi, Elder Brother Of Arsenal's Miguel Azeez, Signs New Reading Deal; Odimayo Departs
- Arsenal Technical Director Delighted To Secure The Long-Term Future Of Saka
- Former Chelsea Star Mikel Drawing Interest From Promotion Hopefuls West Brom
- Southampton Coach Labels Tella An Interesting Striker Because He Can Also Play No 10 Role
- Nigerian Exports : Crotone's Simy Nets First Hat-trick; Bournemouth Loanee Ofoborh Scores And More
- FIFA Fines Arsenal N19.2 Million For Irregularities In Transfers Of Akpom And Costa Rican
- Watford's Super Eagle Ruled Out Of Trip To Chelsea Due To Injury
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football