Promising Goalkeeper Okonkwo Not In Arsenal's Traveling Squad To SouthamptonPublished: June 25, 2020
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that promising Nigeria-eligible goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo will not make his English Premier League debut when Arsenal face Southampton at the St Mary's Stadium on Thursday evening.
The England U18 international was spotted at London Colney earlier this week, fueling speculation that he was under consideration for the trip to the South Coast.
However, Gunners boss Mikel Arteta did not include him in the traveling squad, which is not surprising considering that he has been inactive at club level for more than a year, with his last game coming against Leicester City in the Premier League 2 on April 26, 2019.
Last summer, Okonwko was on international duty with England U18s and started in wins against Russia and Mexico.
Arsenal are facing a goalkeeping crisis after first choice glovesman Bernd Leno, who has started the last 61 matches contested by the club in the Premier League, suffered a knee injury in the defeat to Brighton & Hove last weekend.
Okonkwo had been on the radar of Arsenal's previous coaches Arsene Wenger and Unai Emery, and was invited to train with the first team while still a schoolboy.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- FC Khimki Interested In Signing Russian-Born Nigeria International Fullback
- 'Kelechi's Never Missed A Penalty' - Ndidi Names Iheanacho As Leicester's Top Man When It Comes To Spot Kicks
- Photo Confirmation - Ex-Flying Eagles Star Adejo Extends Contract With Greek Club PAS Lamia
- Real Betis Pass Up Opportunity To Sign U17 World Cup-Winning Defender Zakari On Permanent Deal
- Former Liverpool Striker Ngoo Rejects Two-Year Deal Offered By Albanian Champions
- Photo : Super Eagles Midfielder Named In Glasgow Rangers Provisional Squad Vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Three Players Of Nigerian Descent Retained As Derby County Academy Provide Squads Update
- Torino In The Market For Fullbacks: Chelsea Product Aina's Future Hangs In The Balance
- 'Man Utd Need A Real Goalscorer' - Paul Scholes Pinpoints Ighalo As Cheaper Option To Kane
- Nigerian Exports : 37-Year-old Old Scores For Mladost Lucani; Molde's Omoijuanfo Nets Brace & More
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football