Watford Player Contracts : Ex-Flying Eagles Invitee, U23 Captain Depart; Exciting Winger Offered New DealPublished: June 25, 2020
English Premier League side Watford have confirmed through their official website that former Flying Eagles invitee Jayden Bennetts will leave the club upon the expiration of his contract this month.
Joining the attacking midfielder out of the Hornets exit door is another talented player of Nigerian descent in Jamal Balogun, who captained the U23 team for the 2019-2020 season.
As exclusively reported by allnigeriasoccer.com a month ago, Watford wanted to trigger the one-year option on Bennetts but he asked for them not to and they accepted his request, paving the way for him to join a new club in the summer transfer window.
The 18-year-old made his professional made against Tranmere Rovers in the FA Cup in January 2020, a game in which Balogun was a non-playing substitute.
While Bennetts was on the books of Watford for roughly ten years, defender Balogun joined from Reading in 2019.
Meanwhile, Watford have offered exciting winger Joseph Hungbo a one-year extension to his contract.
The 20-year-old, who joined from Crystal Palace last summer, was one of the standout players for the Hornets U23 squad this term and made his first team debut vs Tranmere Rovers.
Finally, Nigerian-born midfielder Emmanuel Adebiyi will depart at the end of his scholarship this summer.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- FC Khimki Interested In Signing Russian-Born Nigeria International Fullback
- 'Kelechi's Never Missed A Penalty' - Ndidi Names Iheanacho As Leicester's Top Man When It Comes To Spot Kicks
- Photo Confirmation - Ex-Flying Eagles Star Adejo Extends Contract With Greek Club PAS Lamia
- Real Betis Pass Up Opportunity To Sign U17 World Cup-Winning Defender Zakari On Permanent Deal
- Former Liverpool Striker Ngoo Rejects Two-Year Deal Offered By Albanian Champions
- Photo : Super Eagles Midfielder Named In Glasgow Rangers Provisional Squad Vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Three Players Of Nigerian Descent Retained As Derby County Academy Provide Squads Update
- Torino In The Market For Fullbacks: Chelsea Product Aina's Future Hangs In The Balance
- 'Man Utd Need A Real Goalscorer' - Paul Scholes Pinpoints Ighalo As Cheaper Option To Kane
- Nigerian Exports : 37-Year-old Old Scores For Mladost Lucani; Molde's Omoijuanfo Nets Brace & More
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football