Confirmed : Midfield Maestro Miguel Azeez Among 12 Nigerian Players Retained By ArsenalPublished: June 26, 2020
Arsenal have submitted their retained and released list for the 2020-2021 season to the English Premier League, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
As many as twelve Nigeria-eligible players will be on the books of the Emirates Stadium outfit next term if they are not sold in the summer transfer window.
All the Nigerian players retained are classed as academy players, including Bukayo Saka, who has yet to be officially promoted to the first team, though he has emerged as a key player for the side this season.
Midfield maestro Miguel Azeez, who has been tipped to make his professional debut next season, has been reengaged along with fellow teenagers in the shape of goalkeepers Arthur Okonkwo and Ovie Ejeheri, striker Folarin Balogun, midfielder James Olayinka, defenders Daniel Oyegoke and Mazeed Ogugbo, wingers Ryan Alebiosu and Nathan Butler-Oyedeji.
Nigeria Football Federation target Joseph Olowu, 20, and Tolaji Bola, 21, complete the Nigeria-eligible players retained by Arsenal.
Olowu was loaned out to Irish club Cork City for the second half of the 2019-2020 season but had to return to London following the coronavirus outbreak, while Olayinka is seeing out the season at League Two promotion hopefuls Northampton Town.
Meanwhile, versatile defender Tobi Omole has been released, six years after his arrival at the Gunners.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- FC Khimki Interested In Signing Russian-Born Nigeria International Fullback
- 'Kelechi's Never Missed A Penalty' - Ndidi Names Iheanacho As Leicester's Top Man When It Comes To Spot Kicks
- Photo Confirmation - Ex-Flying Eagles Star Adejo Extends Contract With Greek Club PAS Lamia
- Real Betis Pass Up Opportunity To Sign U17 World Cup-Winning Defender Zakari On Permanent Deal
- Former Liverpool Striker Ngoo Rejects Two-Year Deal Offered By Albanian Champions
- Photo : Super Eagles Midfielder Named In Glasgow Rangers Provisional Squad Vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Three Players Of Nigerian Descent Retained As Derby County Academy Provide Squads Update
- Torino In The Market For Fullbacks: Chelsea Product Aina's Future Hangs In The Balance
- 'Man Utd Need A Real Goalscorer' - Paul Scholes Pinpoints Ighalo As Cheaper Option To Kane
- Nigerian Exports : 37-Year-old Old Scores For Mladost Lucani; Molde's Omoijuanfo Nets Brace & More
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football