In-Demand Striker Kadiri Opens League Account For The Season But Rues Loss To NorrkopingPublished: June 27, 2020
In-demand Nigerian striker Jordan Attah Kadiri opened his Allsvenskan goalscoring account for the 2020 season but could not prevent Ostersunds FK from suffering a 4-2 loss to table-topping Norrkoping on game week four on Saturday afternoon.
Though Kadiri found the net four times in the Svenska Cupen, his 51st minute strike which gave Ostersunds a 2-1 lead was his first in the Swedish top-flight.
Shortly after his substitution in the 89th minute, Ostersunds folded like a deck of cards as they conceded twice in the closing minutes.
Kadiri, who has now returned to full fitness after suffering an injury on the opening day, was contacted to explain why his team lost a game they could have at least gotten a point from.
"I was replaced because I was running all over the pitch, I was tired," said Kadiri to allnigeriasoccer.com.
"We lost concentration, that's why we lost. We didn't step up our game after I left the pitch, the coach assigned me to mark the number 6 Smith, it wasn't done again after I was replaced.
"The season has just started, just four games, very soon we will be back with good results.
"We are not under pressure, we are going to bounce back and get our confidence back."
In the provisional standings, Ostersunds FK are second from bottom on the 16-team table with one point, but have played a game more than basement team Helsingborg.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Former Nigeria U17 invitee named in a Chelsea gameday squad for the first time this season
- Brighton & Hove boss remembers Bolton Wanders was an exciting side with Jay-Jay Okocha
- EFL : Luton Town's Adebayo, Carlisle United's Kayode, Shrewsbury Town's Udoh find the net
- Derby County beat Premier League clubs to sign Fapetu As Midfielder Departs Arsenal after ten years
- Nigerian midfielder makes competitive debut for Manchester United U18 in loss to Derby County
- Samuel Kalu's goal not enough as Bordeaux lose to Metz in Ligue 1
- Rohr's close friend happy about decision of Musiala to choose Germany over Nigeria, England
- Super Eagles striker Maja gives reasons for rejoining Fulham in winter transfer market
- Ex-Bayern Munich left-back who models his game after David Alaba making waves at SC Freiburg
- Light at the end of the tunnel for Arsenal-owned midfielder Olayinka six weeks after his last match
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football