In-Demand Striker Kadiri Opens League Account For The Season But Rues Loss To NorrkopingPublished: June 27, 2020
In-demand Nigerian striker Jordan Attah Kadiri opened his Allsvenskan goalscoring account for the 2020 season but could not prevent Ostersunds FK from suffering a 4-2 loss to table-topping Norrkoping on game week four on Saturday afternoon.
Though Kadiri found the net four times in the Svenska Cupen, his 51st minute strike which gave Ostersunds a 2-1 lead was his first in the Swedish top-flight.
Shortly after his substitution in the 89th minute, Ostersunds folded like a deck of cards as they conceded twice in the closing minutes.
Kadiri, who has now returned to full fitness after suffering an injury on the opening day, was contacted to explain why his team lost a game they could have at least gotten a point from.
"I was replaced because I was running all over the pitch, I was tired," said Kadiri to allnigeriasoccer.com.
"We lost concentration, that's why we lost. We didn't step up our game after I left the pitch, the coach assigned me to mark the number 6 Smith, it wasn't done again after I was replaced.
"The season has just started, just four games, very soon we will be back with good results.
"We are not under pressure, we are going to bounce back and get our confidence back."
In the provisional standings, Ostersunds FK are second from bottom on the 16-team table with one point, but have played a game more than basement team Helsingborg.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'We'll miss them' - PSV's Elephants star on the sale of Madueke, Gakpo to Chelsea, Liverpool
- 'Has problems with his grip' - Manu Garba delivers brutally honest assessment of Flying Eagles GK
- Unstoppable Napoli striker Osimhen matches Higuain, Cavani feat after brace v Little Eagles
- 'Chuba was really good' - Man Utd legend hails Championship main marksman after brace
- Super Eagles striker Onuachu breaks his silence after deadline day move to Southampton
- Club chief reveals Chelsea made at least four bids to sign Super Eagles-eligible player in January
- 'He's so fast' - Ajax Amsterdam great Frank de Boer gives Bassey vote of confidence
- Chelsea ready to pay whatever it takes to beat Man Utd to Victor Osimhen
- 'Tricky and exciting player' of Nigerian descent signs new deal with Chelsea
- Southampton manager assesses the performance of Premier League debutant Onuachu
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football