In-Demand Striker Kadiri Opens League Account For The Season But Rues Loss To NorrkopingPublished: June 27, 2020
In-demand Nigerian striker Jordan Attah Kadiri opened his Allsvenskan goalscoring account for the 2020 season but could not prevent Ostersunds FK from suffering a 4-2 loss to table-topping Norrkoping on game week four on Saturday afternoon.
Though Kadiri found the net four times in the Svenska Cupen, his 51st minute strike which gave Ostersunds a 2-1 lead was his first in the Swedish top-flight.
Shortly after his substitution in the 89th minute, Ostersunds folded like a deck of cards as they conceded twice in the closing minutes.
Kadiri, who has now returned to full fitness after suffering an injury on the opening day, was contacted to explain why his team lost a game they could have at least gotten a point from.
"I was replaced because I was running all over the pitch, I was tired," said Kadiri to allnigeriasoccer.com.
"We lost concentration, that's why we lost. We didn't step up our game after I left the pitch, the coach assigned me to mark the number 6 Smith, it wasn't done again after I was replaced.
"The season has just started, just four games, very soon we will be back with good results.
"We are not under pressure, we are going to bounce back and get our confidence back."
In the provisional standings, Ostersunds FK are second from bottom on the 16-team table with one point, but have played a game more than basement team Helsingborg.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Southampton Sweat Over Fitness Of Versatile Playmaker Tella Pre-Manchester United
- Club Brugge Coach Convinced Sheffield United-Linked Dennis Is A Premier League Material
- Former West Ham Striker Points Out Major Difference Between Bukayo Saka And Chelsea's Hudson-Odoi
- Ex-Newcastle Star Reveals Okocha Almost On The Same Level As Barcelona Icon Ronaldinho
- 'Bruno Fernandes Is A Top Player' - Iheanacho Names Portuguese Among 3 Man Utd Stars That Could Derail Leicester's UCL Hopes
- Crotone's Super Eagles Star Close To Matching Personal Best After Netting 18th Goal Of Season
- England Manager Southgate To Run The Rule Over Nigeria Target Saka Against Manchester City
- Official : Former Chelsea Defender Rejects Contract Offer, Departs Cheltenham Town
- Augsburg Winger Noah Bazee Market Value Reaches Joint All-Time High
- Official : Austrian Bundesliga Club SC Rheindorf Altach Announce Signing Of Austrian-Nigerian Edokpolor
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football